All Topics / Finance / what is the going rate for IO finance

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of cybermancyberman
    @cyberman

Hi  I'm looking around for interest only finance for an Investment property.

I tried to make a few enquiries over the phone but noticed that I can't get a straight honest  answer from 
    most  finance companies.

Can someone give me a guide as to how much the current Interest rate would be.

I would need aprox.   $220 000  over  a period of 5 to 10 years

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

The interest rate would be the same as I am not aware of too many lenders that charge a higher rate for an IO loan over a P & I loan. The rate is not the issue the way in which the loan structured is probably more of a consideration.

Why not post a bot more information and we can provide you with a clearer answer.

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of Kipper57Kipper57
    @kipper57

The other reason you may not be getting a straight answer as most lenders have numerous products and it would depend on the product chosen as to the I/O component, and I agree with Richard structering the loans correctly can be far more important than the rate

Profile photo of cybermancyberman
    @cyberman

ok guys  let me re-phrase the question… is there a chance that I could get an Interest only loan  lower than 7%

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.