All Topics / Finance / Advice on what to do with my block of land… Builders or Investors Please Read!!!!!!!!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of SteveMencevSteveMencev
    @stevemencev

Hello To All,
    Thank you for taking the time to read through & suggest any idea's which may assist in solving my issue.

This is my situation…… 

A few years ago I purchased a 806m2 vacant block located in Drouin Victoria. My plan was to build a house, live in it for a year then either sell- (rolling capital gains into another property) or find tenants to rent the property. Unfortunately this was not to be. Due to unavoidable events in life which had a dramatic affect on my finances, restricting me from obtaining finance.

After listing the block for sale in November 2006, I have had no buyers that are interested in purchasing a vacant block of land, while the blocks with a house on it have sold all most as soon as there listed. I cant help but think that if my block too had a house on it, that it would sell a just as quick.

This is where I need your advice….. What to do….? How to do it….? What other options are available to me….? 

Thanks again for reading my post..

Steven M

Profile photo of XeniaXenia
    @xenia

Improved land (with a house on it) certainly sells alot quicker than vacant land!

It would help the sale if you had a house on it or at least a house and land package if you don't want to go through the full expense!

Profile photo of kellylockkellylock
    @kellylock

Can you look at moving a house to the block. You can get them made by companies and the moved and connected to mains etc on site.

Sometimes people get rid of houses from blocks and you can pick an old one up cheap and have it moved and then just renovate it.

These could possibly be cheaper options, but you would need to check with the council to see if it is allowed.

Kelly.

Profile photo of mortgageadvisormortgageadvisor
    @mortgageadvisor

I have a lender who will lend you even if you have credit issues. Free Consultation mob: 0413 594 675

Equity Finance & Mortgage Pty Ltd
    mob: 0413 594 675
    Mortgage Advisor

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.