Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of FWFW
    @fw

Hi everyone
    I’ve just started out on wrapping, and have run ads the last couple of weeks in local papers. There’s no classifieds for “For Sale”, so I’ve gone with a small display ad in the R.E. liftout.
    The thing is, the phone’s not ringing!
    Does anyone have any ideas or experiences to share that have made the phones ring for them?

Keep smiling
    Felicity 8-)

Profile photo of Steve McKnightSteve McKnight
    Keymaster
    @stevemcknight

Felicity,

What did your ad say?

Replicate it here using headlines, bold etc. and I’ll read it and provide some feedback if possible.

Bye

Steve McKnight

Steve McKnight | PropertyInvesting.com Pty Ltd | CEO
    https://www.propertyinvesting.com

Success comes from doing things differently

Profile photo of FWFW
    @fw

Okay, hope this copies across okay! I’m looking for prospective buyers at this stage, to make sure there are some in this area!
    Oh, this week I changed papers to one that covered some cheaper areas, and it became from $240pw. The headline was bold, it looked much better in the paper!!!
    I’m aware that this area is not one of your favourite regional areas, Steve, but I really wanted to see whether I could do something to help people in Melbourne (right on the outskirts!). After all, people want to buy houses here too, so I figured there’d be heaps wanting to know more. My main potential clients are people with good jobs but not enough deposit – after all, to buy in Melbourne, even the outer bits, you need at least $25k and often $50k to get a loan.
    All feedback welcome!

LOW DEPOSIT!

Special financing!

Own your own home from $300pw.

3 bedroom homes available in this area now.

Phone xxxx xxxx

Keep smiling
    Felicity 8-)

Edited by – [email protected] on 29/05/2002 6:54:46 PM

Profile photo of darrenbdarrenb
    @darrenb

Felicity, I’ve tried numerous adds, with different headings and have found that the simple phrase “Bank said No”, gets the phone really ringing.

Profile photo of Jason_2Jason_2
    @jason_2

Felicity,

I have done 10 wraps and what normally works for me is:

Sick of Renting?
    Own Your Own Home
    * Easy, No Bank Qualifying
    * Low Deposit
    * Low Weekly Repayment
    * Bad Credit OK
    * Owner Finance Available
    * Fast Approvals
    Phone (XX) XXXX XXXX

I hope this helps,

JM

Profile photo of Steve McKnightSteve McKnight
    Keymaster
    @stevemcknight

Felicity,

I like JM’s simple yet effective ad. Given your target market I recommend you place it in the ‘TO LET’ section. Put a border around it so it stands out a little.

For more specific advice I recommend you consult the ‘Classified Ad Secrets CD’ I produced a while ago and which is part of the wrap library (which I think you have purchased, right?)

If not it sells for $65 – call Brent on 1800 660 630 for more info.

Cheers,

Steve McKnight

Steve McKnight | PropertyInvesting.com Pty Ltd | CEO
    https://www.propertyinvesting.com

Success comes from doing things differently

Profile photo of LisaUKLisaUK
    @lisa(uk)

Hi,

I can highly recommend Steve’s ad package – so can a friend of mine. I used it to write an ad for her rental property over here in the UK. She had 8 calls within 20 minutes of the publciation going out – may not seem many but its a US servicemans publication so has a small audience and her previous ads have generated 1/2 calls.

The first caller drove over immediately to view it. They asked her if they could give her a cheque when they came over and they hadn’t even viewed it yet. They paid a higher than market rent for it so that they could secure it and did indeed give her the cheque there and then.

She spent the rest of the day fielding off unsuccessful callers!

Lisa.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Advertising’ is closed to new replies.