All Topics / Forum Frolic / Privacy Protection

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Profile photo of Steve McKnightSteve McKnight
    Keymaster
    @stevemcknight

Hi,

While every effort is made to protect unauthorised use of this forum, sadly, software exists and the occasional oddball lurk around and harvest private details.

99.9% of the time the worst thing that happens is that people ‘harvest’ e-mail addresses and send unsolicitored e-mails (more commonly known as spamming).

One savvy community member has already raised the issue with me privately about creating an extra layer of security being a ‘internal messgae system’ where by community members could leave messages for one another without showing e-mail addresses in the first instance.

Another option is to give community members the option of masking their e-mail address as part of the profile settings.

I’ll look into this in more detail.

If you are worried about your ‘identity’ on the ‘net, then you can create an alias for this forum and your real name will be masked. Personally, I’m not going to do this as I want people to see my name and know who I am – to me the risks of this far outweigh any occasional spam I receive.

However, I also respect that people feel different about this. If you would like to set up an alias then simply click the ‘profile’ link under ‘Property Investing.Com Forums’ heading above and set one up (if you didn’t already do so in the newsletter sign up page).

When you do so your real name will be hidden (only the administrator will see it) and your alias will show up.

If you have any questions or comments about your Internet privacy then please post below.

As a final note I’d like to say that I don’t believe that the small .01% of people should be able to spoil it for the rest of us and that I am not going to be stopped from making and answering posts because of some spoil-sport who runs a business poorly.

See you on the forum!

Steve McKnight [:)]

Steve McKnight | PropertyInvesting.com Pty Ltd | CEO
    https://www.propertyinvesting.com

Success comes from doing things differently

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.