All Topics / Hotch Potch / WANTED! Feedback… Reward Offered

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 28 total)
  • Profile photo of Steve McKnightSteve McKnight
    Keymaster
    @stevemcknight

Hi,

I welcome your feedback about the site and encourage you to post comments and ideas about any improvements that you would like to see added to the community.

I’ll regularly select random posts in this forum and provide a fantastic reward as my way of thanking your for your input.

Any sensible feedback will do…

Regards

Steve McKnight

Steve McKnight | PropertyInvesting.com Pty Ltd | CEO
    https://www.propertyinvesting.com

Success comes from doing things differently

Profile photo of SharonHagueSharonHague
    @sharonhague

The forum is kewl … a fantastic reward would be even kewlerererer! :-)

Profile photo of MikeKavanaghMikeKavanagh
    @mikekavanagh

Minor thing, but how about having the hosting server run to Australian time when registering posts, not US? I’m pretty sure that I’m asleep at 4am…..

Thanks for this start though. Good luck with your enterprise.

Mike.

Profile photo of JeffRosalesJeffRosales
    @jeffrosales

Hi Steve,

I think it is a bit early at this point in time to give some meaningful feedback about this forum. However, the idea is good (not necessarely unique, but good).

I guess the relevant question could be: how can we make this forum different and “better” than other similar forums on the same topic?

From past experience, what makes a forum successful is:

1. The amount of “valuable” participation from other members;
    2. The quality of the posts/contributions by knowledgeable people;
    3. The opportunity to network with other like minded people

There are possibly more factors that can make a forum a valuable resource, but the above 3 are the ones that popped out of my mind first.

In relation to “valuable” participation, my comments is addressed to the fact that in similar forums people either make “otiose” comments,which do not contribute or share anything of value in these type of forums. Others ask questions, but their questions are never answered, or answered in an incomplete way. Our aim should then be to “share” our wisdom and experience to the fullest. “The more you give, the more you live”.

In relation to the second point: We need people asking questions, and people who are able to respond. :-) It seems obvious, but sometimes there may be too many askers, and not many responders, or the other way around.

Finally, the tyrany of distance of WA makes this wonderful state isolated from the rest of Australia. It would be nice if we could attract people who know people in Western Australia to network with.

Wealthtipsonline.com.au has the characteristic that it seems to concentrate its contributions in the Eastern States region. Let’s hope this is not going to be a repeat of that website.

I wish to thank you for the opportunity to participate in this forum. May it bring us all wisdom, wealth and fun (lots of it!).

From Western Australia

Jeff

Profile photo of TessaTessa
    @tessa

Hi all,

I’m from Western Australia and glad to see a forum here in Australia with regard to wrapping, I use John Burleys forum Mastermind and find that a great place to obtain information of wrapping.

But nothing beats talking to people here in Oz.

Can anyone give feedback on Steves library of wrapping, anyone using, how have you found the material and most important the after sales service

Sorry Steve had to ask.

Regards Terry

Profile photo of LisaUKLisaUK
    @lisa(uk)

Hello from England,

great site Steve and good to have a forum too.

My only comment would be that I think the left hand side of the site is a bit ‘dingy’. The text is small and hard to read on the dull green background. This is your primary nav bar and should be clearer, IMHO.

Kind regards, Lisa

P.S. Say Hi to Dave and hope you guys enjoyed your trip to this sunny isle!!!!!

Profile photo of ADAD
    Participant
    @ad

In regards to Steve’s information…. I have purchased the Wrap secrets revealed kit and even though the price tag is not cheap anything worthwhile is never cheap. If you truly want to know the process Steve and Dave use for Wrapping properties this will show you. It will help you to decide if this process is “good” for you. There is a workbook and Audio so it covers all bases. In regards to after sales support, Steve was open and honest about his 60 day money back guarantee and I have Emailed him many times with Questions and he always replies within a day or so. I haven’t completed a Wrap yet so I have yet to find out how Steve will help me step through the process but on past record I’m sure it will be worthwhile.
    The Property secrets revealed Kit was equally valuable abnd would recommend this to anyone who is interested in buying property. The skills and techniques and knowledge outlined in this kit would be worthwhile to anybody even if buying there own house.

Hope this has answered some questions. Look forward to doing my first Wrap and also talking to you people doing the deals.
    Andrew D

Profile photo of TaraAndreTaraAndre
    @taraandre

Hi Steve
    Great site!!! Remember the fun and games we used to
    have with the Wealthies on the Yahoo chat room? You have
    come a long way in a short time and certainly demonstrating to me the need to keep focused on the preverbial stake in the ground.

I had a bit of fun and games posting but that could be me
    just getting used to the site. If You see two of my postings
    ignore one of them.

Regarding feed-back. I think you site is invauable to folk
    learning about Real Estate. I haven’t seen any other Aussie
    R.E. sites till now. I usually find the American sites frustrating because many essential details such as taxation,
    and legal areas don’t relate to us.

I enjoyed your question with the $50,000 house and a few
    of the posters sound like they know what they are talking
    about on the subject of wraps and cash flow. A good way
    to keep the ball rolling and focus on relevant issues.

I look forward to reading posts and contributing in the
    future. I have a ton of questions which I hope members
    may be able to help me with.

Again congratulations Steve on a great site.
    Regards
    Tara
    P.S. I would love to hear from members on the Sunshine
    Coast. We live at Eudlo and just about to leap into RE
    investing.

Profile photo of LisaUKLisaUK
    @lisa(uk)

Just another quick point on the forum Steve,

when you start a new topic or reply to topic the cursor automatically goes to the newsletter subscription box – I’ve been typing away before now without realising I wasn’t in the text box!!!

Regards, Lisa.

Profile photo of ADAD
    Participant
    @ad

Tara,
    I am in Brisbane not far from you. seems to be some good oppurtunities all around us….it ‘s just a matter of finding the pearls. I’ve bought two properties and number one was alright ($73K renting for $145) but number two I took my time (and it is $64.5K renting for $140. I got a bit carried away with the first one but applied Steves rules more effectively the second time. Enjoy the experience…. I did. I hope to buy many more houses.

Hope all goes well.
    Andrew D

Profile photo of bonsterbonster
    Participant
    @bonster

Well, first post was a good experience. I sat here typing away and tried to preview the post receiving a message there was nothing to preview. I decided to submit anyway and received an error message about my logon. I must have had a typo in the password or something. The return page advised me of the error and asked if I wanted to return to previous page. I said yes but the post was gone. Ahhhhhh. All that IP and it was gone in a flash.

Anyway, I think it would be useful if I could profile my forum interests and nominate to receive either a daily or weekly notification via email when a new message/s was posted. This makes me come back to the site as I find it difficult to remember to go back to sites and prefer to rely on the “push” model.

A forum that debating the pros and cons of share investing versus property I would also find interesting.

Cheers,

Peter

Profile photo of wattowatto
    Participant
    @watto

Gday Steve,

The new forum looks good….but….

its a bit hard to read and quickly see what are new posts and what is old…..

time is limited for me and i need a more efficient way of reading new posts….

Cheers
    watto
    Melb Freestyler

Profile photo of MoMo
    @mo

I agree with the earlier comment about the left bar looking a bit dingy. Also, the information is not formatted to automatically use the full screen width (tables sizes should use percentages not fixed width). If you do go for a redesign it would probably be better to have fewer lines – separate items with ‘white space’ instead. Logo is good, although again a bit of a dark background, and it is good to see a site without flashing or wiggling things! I can do a more detailed assessment if you want, but you’d have to pay for it (or do a deal)!
    Forum is a great idea – thanks!

Mo
    Web Usability Consultant

Profile photo of Steve McKnightSteve McKnight
    Keymaster
    @stevemcknight

Hi again,

Thanks for your fantastic feedback – especially posters who have written about things that they do not like and would like to see changed.

I share some of your frustrations – particularly the part about the cursor in the ‘Free Newsletter’ box and also posting when not logged in.

I will pass these on to Eugene asap as areas to fix up.

I expect this forum software to contain a few bugs too that will need to be ironed out… is a game of wait and see.

As for receiving updates via e-mail. I think this is available but again I’ll need to check with Eugene (the webmaster of this site).

Re: comments about the LHS navigation buttons. Any ideas about what colours or combinations would look better?

Please keep posting your ideas and comments.

Thanks,

Steve McKnight

Profile photo of wattowatto
    Participant
    @watto

Gday Steve,

There really needs to be a way to mark posts as read. I’m finding that im reading over old posts to get to the new ones. This is not time efficient and very frustrating.

The forum needs to be as user friendly as possible or people will stop logging in…..and this will make a lonely forum…

Cheers
    watto
    Melb Freestyler

Profile photo of Steve McKnightSteve McKnight
    Keymaster
    @stevemcknight

Hi Watto,

The software will automatically pick up what posts you have read and alert you to new ones by placing a blue folder as opposed to a buff or yellow coloured one when there are no new posts.

You can also see who made the last post and when.

The idea is that each post is logged or filed in sequential order (oldest to newest) so that people can see how the discussion transpires.

I expect the key to success is for posters to start new topics, rather that change topics within the one forum discussion.

In any event, your feedback is warmly noted and I imagine that as the forum gets more traffic many more issues will arise that have not yet been thought of.

I’ll batch all the requests for changes and then see if we can do monthly upgrades to the software.

Thanks for posting.

Regards

Steve McKnight

P.S. A way around the problem you have identified here is to wait for the entire post to load, click the post and then go CONTROL & END. That will take you to the last post rather than having to scroll down.

Edited by – [email protected] on 25/05/2002 11:57:16 PM

Profile photo of ChrisBedfordChrisBedford
    Participant
    @chrisbedford

Hi Steve & others,

I’m getting a lot from this forum so far.
    My feedback from the posts in this thread are:

• I have found the Wrap Secrets Revealed Library to be a great source of information at a suitable price. (Look at the cost of education in other areas of property/sharemarket/business investment)
    • The case study you posted was very informative. More of these from experienced property investors would be great
    • Be careful in implementing suggested modifications to the website. I reckon it’s functional and looks good. Designing by ‘committee’ produced the Edsel (U.S. car)

Cheers

Chris B
    http://www.tradingsecrets.com.au

Profile photo of FWFW
    @fw

Hi Steve
    Re the comments on knowing which posts you’ve read or not – the folder changing colour does identify which threads, but not which posts. It is good that you can look at the times – the only problem, as I think someone else has already pointed out, is that the times don’t seem to bear any resemblance to Australian time, which makes it harder to think back and work out when you were last on!!
    I have used a forum where each individual can set the time to display in their time zone, not sure if that’s possible here, but it’s good because it means that people from around the world can use that forum and each one feels like it’s local.

Keep smiling
    Felicity 8-)

Profile photo of MikeKellyMikeKelly
    @mikekelly

Hi Terry, just some quick feedback on Steve’s pack.

I was a little concerned about the price tag at first coz let’s face it, it’s a premium product. After going through the pack I found it to be excellent. It answered SO many questions I had about wrapping in Oz that I couldn’t get answers to visiting the various discussion forums.

The production of the pack is of a high standard, and the “meat and potatoes” sections like taxation, financing and the legal framework of the supporting documentation were all address head on. Not only by Steve, but also by qualified professional that deal in wraps on a daily basis. I.E. accountants, solicitors etc…

Included was more than simply wraps. Steve dedicated a whole section on property investing in general which is an excellent foundation for gaining “above average” returns from renters.

The guy seriously is a progressive thinker and does things that are definately different that allow him to receive premium rental returns with increased loyalty from his tenants. The best thing is that he shares it all on the pack. I was really surprised how open, honest and frank (or should I say Steve :o) ) Steve was offering his inside secrets.

Anyway, at the risk of it sounding like a sales pitch, invest in the pack and I’m sure you won’t be disappointed. And if you are, Steve has the money back guarantee so you really can’t lose.

The info in the pack will save me many times over the the initial investment price. Many times over. I’m investing full time now so I honestly feel I now have a competitive advantage in the market place applying Steve’s techniques.

Anyway, happy investing, live, learn and always move move forward.

Mike

Profile photo of MrFairGoMrFairGo
    @mrfairgo

G’day Steve,

Although I know (believe me, I know!) what a drag it can be to configure a bulletin board, you may eventually want to consider a different system. (and perhaps sooner rather than later, while there are relatively few posts to move)

We have used WWWBoard, UBB, YABB, WREQ, but now we are now using the free Phorum (from phorum.org) which is very easy for new users to use, and also addresses the issues of finding “new” posts, knowing which reply in a thread was to which post, security of user’s info. It does require MySQL and PHP to be available, but any decent host provides those. (we do!) It’s also easy to configure the look of it, and as administrator you can add and hide many forums easily.

Examples can be seen at some of our client’s sites.
    e.g. http://www.bassmex.com/phorum/list.php?f=2
    http://www.basswise.com/phorum/phorum-3.3.1a/list.php?f=1

Hope this helps …but I fear the thought of starting again will merely cause you to despair. I make the comment merely to give an option. [:)]

Cheerio

Lance

Fair Go Homes
    http://fairgohomes.com.au
    Rapt with Wrapping!
    (07) 5465 4999
    [email protected]

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘WANTED! Feedback… Reward Offered’ is closed to new replies.