All Topics / Value Adding / Any idea of the cost to fill a pool in??

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of Jenny1Jenny1
    @jenny1

[I am looking at this run down house to reno and it has this run down ugly pool that needs alot of work.

Does anyone know the approx cost to fill it in and also do I need permission to do this?

Thank you

Jenny1

Profile photo of specificspecific
    @specific

HI there,

An easy way is to call a few pool companies putting in new pools in the area and see if they would be happy to dump the newly dug up fill in your pool space.
    This can/has been done, just needs a little organsation!!

Give it a go!!

Good luck!

Profile photo of Jenny1Jenny1
    @jenny1

Hi Specific,

This time of year (I am in CAnberra) not too many pools going in I was wanting to know if any others on the forum have filled in a pool and the costs associated with doing so.

Also asked if permission is needed or engineers report required.

Thanks

Jenny1

Profile photo of raddlesraddles
    @raddles

Hi there Jenny
    we actually filled in a pool after the Canberra bushfires
    what we ended up doing was using the space for a water tank
    the only permission we needed was to have water from the pool go into the drainage mains
    I would only think you needed an engineers report etc if the pool formed part of your retaining walls for the main building otherwise approach some of the builders in the area about clean fill
    thanks

Profile photo of C2C2
    Participant
    @c2

It's hard to give a price because of the different types of fill you can get and the size of the hole.
    You can also try builders and excavating companies in your area for backfill.  What are your plans once it is filled?  If you don't fill it in all the way you can turn it into a rockery or a sand box for kids.  Also check if there are any tree loppers in the area and get their  excess mulch or chips.

C2

Profile photo of nicko7nicko7
    @nicko7

Hi everyone
    I know its been a while since this topic was active, but the beauty of this forum is that we have just found a property with a pool we want to sub-divide and build. i remembered this from about 3 months ago.

Can you build over a pool that you have filled in?

does the soil cave to be tested etc?

Thanks for any help

Nicko

Profile photo of attrillattrill
    Participant
    @attrill

Please don't take this too seriously, but I heard of a guy who was selling a property, but had the problem of a big hole in the backyard from an unfinished pool. He also had two car wrecks at the front.  After some thought, the cars went into the hole, cutting down the ammount of fill needed and the need to get the cars moved,  the house got sold, and hopeully the new owners didn't run a metal detector over the nice new lawn.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.