All Topics / Help Needed! / car parking catch 22. advice please

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of woodinatorwoodinator
    @woodinator

I own a 2 br investment unit with currently one carpark – the owners corporation (10 units all together) want an extra carpark for every unit. The catch – a cement slab with 3 carparks will be constructed right outside my unit – there is a grass area at the moment (common property) . Will this increase the value of my unit by having the extra carpark or would it decrease the value via extra noise, asthetics etc?Would really appreciate feedback – thank you.

One point to note – there is plenty of onstreet carparking. My unit is approx 50- 70 metres from street.
    Cheers Woodinator

Profile photo of The ContrarianThe Contrarian
    @the-contrarian

Hi mate…

Generally speaking… adding an additional carspace to your unit title would INCREASE the value of your property…

Extra noise should NOT be a problem…
    However if this obstructs your view for example,
    then this might be a problem.

It sounds like a POSITIVE move to me.

Profile photo of woodinatorwoodinator
    @woodinator

thanks Contrarian for getting back to us, have searched the forum on this and no real relavent posts on adding a carpark yet plenty on purchasing etc for investment. I think it will also be a positive although my wife disagrees hence we put it to the forum. Anyone else out there with a comment. A quick yes for add value or a no for decrease value is all we need.

Thanks again,
    Woodinator

Profile photo of spladesplade
    Participant
    @splade

I think it will add value on paper i.e for the banks valuation but will detract from tenants wanting to live there. I know i wouldnt want to live in a house where my front door was used as a parking space for others. if it was my parking space that would be a different story.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.