All Topics / Value Adding / home theatre setup in a IP

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of shaun0011shaun0011
    @shaun0011

Hi
    Iam thinking of renting out my current ppor only problem is that I have a projector screen Home Theatre setup and I am having trouble deciding weather to rent out with the HT and charge more rent or I could remove the HT setup to save the hassle of tennant damaging or stealing the equipment replacement cost is about 6k

Not sure what to do. The HT room is a custom setup so a tennant would have trouble hooking up their own TV ect so it would be useless to them unless they had a projector .

So would you get insurance on the HT system and charge extra rent . Or remove the HT system to save any hassle ?

Thanks

Profile photo of L.A AussieL.A Aussie
    @l.a-aussie

You could explain to any prospective tenants what you’ve explained here, and give them the option of keeping the system for extra rent, or having it removed for less rent. Done well, you could have the cost of the system paid for by the tenant.

The problem is you will be responsible for any maintenance costs on the system.

A good Landlord’s Insurance policy is also a must and would cover you for damage/theft.

Don’t assume that a “well heeled” tenant will not do any damage either.

Cheers,
    Marc.
    [email protected]

“we get sent lemons; it’s up to us to make lemonade”

Profile photo of emptypocketsemptypockets
    @emptypockets

The less "machines" in an IP the better. Less can go wrong & less cost. I can just see a tennant burning up the hours on the globe by leaving it on all the time (which you will have to replace). Can you make the theatree room into another bedroom, study or games room instead?

Sell the projector on ebay. Do a little painting and patching. You can leave the wiring in the ceiling for when/if you move back into the house.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.