All Topics / Help Needed! / Sites for information on infrastructure changes

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of PochPochPochPoch
    @pochpoch

Hi,

I’ve been researching for a while now and I am using lots of sites to gather information of population growth, property growth, market trends, etc.

However, one piece of important info I haven’t been able to find out where people get information of announcements of infrastructure improvements (e.g. new highways, improving town centres, etc) or large development projects (e.g. new shopping centre) besides word of mouth.

How can I get this information? Is there a site or some place i can call? Council websites are usually outdated and have no info.

Thanks for any advice!

Profile photo of AmandaBSAmandaBS
    Participant
    @amandabs

We have lots of useful links on our website that are probably worth a look, but I think you perhaps need to isolate an area first. Certainly Ipswich city council (Qld) have an online service where you can view all Development applications (DA) lodged. Also the SE Qld regional plan issued by the government (www.oum.qld.gov.au) sets out where the development will occur and what infrastructure will be built. So perhaps try looking for a similar service in your area otherwise the local paper is probably your best shot. Most politicians jump at the chance to get a story about a new road, railway etc. in the newspaper.

AmandaBS
    http://www.propertydivas.com.au
    FREE online Property Resources

“It is better to be inconspicuously wealthy, than to be ostentatiously poor…”

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.