All Topics / Help Needed! / strata titling

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of rpbrownrpbrown
    @rpbrown

How do I start the process of getting my duplex (New) stratatitled? I’m in Qld. Actually what are the steps involved?
    Thanks

NB

Profile photo of raddlesraddles
    @raddles

Start by talking to Council re whether the property can be strata titled.
    Also talk to your surveyor for an estimate of timeframe and costs.
    Your solicitor can assist when it is time to lodge documents (the plans and the body corporate forms required) and if you want to have the property managed by a strata title manager, the biggest in Toowoomba are still Strata Title Management with Elliot & Co – they have a website where you can check the strata details of each of their managed body corporates. You can actually see examples of the sort of documents that need to be lodged with Department of Natural Resources and Water.

Profile photo of rpbrownrpbrown
    @rpbrown

Thanks Raddles, I have been in contact with Insight Lawyers and dthey gave me a brief outline of what is involved. First step is for me to arrange to get the duplex surveyed. How much of this process do you think I can do myself? Council application and land titles office part would be O.K. for me to handle.
    You sound like a local boy/girl?? Do the crowd you mention come as a recommendation?[biggrin]

NB

Profile photo of raddlesraddles
    @raddles

HI there RP Brown

I am not really a local girl – but we have been posted here twice now – husband works at the Oakey Air base.

As for Strata Title Management – I do know one of the manager’s via playing Volleyball with her. I was also very impressed with how they keep their records when undertaking a body corporate search for one of the properties we purchased. I was also pleasantly surprised how much information could be accessed via their website without having to pay a fee. They actually have quite detailed information about the steps involved in preparing your property for strata titling and can help you through the process if you so desire. Up to you if you want to do it yourself – Jan at the DNRW office in Clopton Street is particularly helpful when lodging documents for registration.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.