Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Profile photo of Dr.SpockDr.Spock
    Participant
    @dr-spock

Hi all,
    Just thought I would share with you all some success that we have achieved as a family,

for regular members who read this site all the time, you will remember when I mentioned the 30:30 challenge that was in steves latest book, eg you save $30 dollars for 30 days, Well I’m here to tell the world that as a family we have paid off one of our
    first debts, $4,500.00 GONE YIPEE

It has been hard work for all of us but as a reward we have just been camping for 3 days.

Now we are read for the next challenge and that is $6,500.00 that has a interest rate of 34%. WATCH THIS SPACE[thumbsupanim]

regards

Dr. Spock

Dr.Spock
    “you never never know if you never give it a go”

Profile photo of AmandaBSAmandaBS
    Participant
    @amandabs

That is such great news, and well done for not only setting a goal but achieving it in record time.

AmandaBS
    http://www.propertydivas.com.au
    FREE online Property Resources

“It is better to be inconspicuously wealthy, than to be ostentatiously poor…”

Profile photo of propertypowerpropertypower
    @propertypower

Great work, Dr Spock.
    I hope you can knowck your remaining debts soon.
    But it makes me wonder what kind of debt is costing you 34% interest rate?

cheers,
    Sanjiv Gupta

“There is no passion to be found playing small – in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living.” – Nelson Mandela

Profile photo of chschs
    Participant
    @chs

Know exactly where you are coming from Dr Spock, well done.

Craig[thumbsupanim]

Profile photo of daciumdacium
    @dacium

34%? 6,500? Unbelievable, where is this from? Seriously you can go out right now and get a credit card. THen get a second one that has 6 months interest free for transfering a balance, and transfer it accross. 0% for 6 months then 9.9%.

I imagine a family budget is very though. We are trying to save at about $700 per week at the moment and upto nearly $15,000, because we have been offered a loan at the cash rate + 0.5% (6.75%) if we can pay 5% deposit.

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

Very good Spock. You should be able to pay off the next one faster than the first as you have less interest accruing.

AS an aside, I have come across a client who is currently pay 31% on his home loan as a second mortgage and 12% on the first. An evil broker exploited him by charging him $20,000 for the priviliage. I am refinancing him to 12.25%.

Terryw
    Discover Home Loans
    [email protected]
    Send an email to get my newsletter.

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of L.A AussieL.A Aussie
    @l.a-aussie

Off on a tangent…

Anonymous quote;

“success is – falling over 100 times and getting up 101”

I love it.

Cheers,
    Marc.
    [email protected]

“we get sent lemons; it’s up to us to make lemonade”

Profile photo of jewalkjewalk
    @jewalk

this just sounds so inspiring!! I have just discovered this site today, I am a mother of 2 and just looking at the very scary prospect of entering the market and hopefully making sense of money and making it work for me!! You have inspired me into seeing a start is a start!!!! well done!

Profile photo of daciumdacium
    @dacium

Is still believe the best start is to always get yourself out of debt. If you don’t own a PPOR then don’t invest. You probably won’t make more than the interest rate on debts once you consider all the costs involved.

Profile photo of kum yin laukum yin lau
    @kum-yin-lau

Hi Dacium, many will agree with me when I scorn your statement “If you don’t own a PPOR, don’t invest”.

It should be reworded,
    DON’T OWN A PPOR, INVEST!

Very few people make money by saving and not investing.

The only problem of course is that the investment must be a good one.

Cheers,
    Kum Yin

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.