All Topics / Help Needed! / Christies Beach

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Profile photo of alto55alto55
    Participant
    @alto55

I recently noticed that properties are selling fast in Christie’s Beach. Investors in Adelaide, do you think that to buy into this suburb is a good investment choice? I live in WA so I don’t know much about Adelaide, but I would like to find out a bit more. Thanks

Profile photo of nicko7nicko7
    @nicko7

hi alto 55

stay away from christies beach!!!

I live here i want them all to my self .

just jokes it is great over here we own 2 IP’s in christies beach and there is a fair bit going on. just down the road someone has bought 2 blocks side by side and built 5, 3 br town houses.

rental return isn’t the greatest but we all have our little tricks.

do your research as always

its about 30 min from the heart of adelaide and at its furthest point 2 mins from the beach

Nicko

Profile photo of JFisherJFisher
    @jfisher

Yes, I agree. Christie’s Beach is one of the suburbs that I have narrowed down to my 5 picks in Adelaide and seems to have alot going for it.

Profile photo of alto55alto55
    Participant
    @alto55

Thanks for the replies.

Profile photo of kum yin laukum yin lau
    @kum-yin-lau

Hi, much better bet than Elizabeth. it’s beachside & transport’s convenient with the train & Noarlunga Centre nearby. In fact, prices have gone up more than I expected. Christies Downs is not as good though. Port Noarlunga & Maslin Beach also look good.

Seaford prices have gone up as well but I noticed rental is up as well.

Good luck,
    Kum yin

Profile photo of XeniaXenia
    @xenia

Christies Beach is great as an investment.
    The government now is threatening to abolish rent assistance in SA, that will effect rents in lower socioeconomic areas and I suspect rent arrears will be increased in those areas as a result. Both far North and far south areas may be effected.

I have a newsletter with the top 10 suburbs in Adelaide. Email me if you want a copy [email protected]
    (no private messages please it may take me months to visit this site again and respond to them :)

Investment Property Management
    http://www.adprop.com.au

Profile photo of nicko7nicko7
    @nicko7

Hi everyone

slightly [offtopic]

Just wondering if any body new the minimum size for a block of land or where i can find the info on sub-division sizes and so on in the onkaparinga council e.g. Christies, port noarlunga etc.

Thanks

Nicko

Profile photo of p_hewsonp_hewson
    @p_hewson

Hi,

I know there are a lot of cheap parcels of land on the Southern city fringes but Christies is not quite out that far. I am looking out North (Lakeview, Elizabeth, etc) as the DSTO is expanding out there, the RAAF base is expanding and there is a new Northern Expressway being built to ease congestion.

Worth a look.

p_hewson

Profile photo of kum yin laukum yin lau
    @kum-yin-lau

Hi, for those who haven’t visited our fair state, the Northern areas are hot & arid and flat and dusty whereas the South is nearer the Great Southern Ocean where the sea breezes blow.

Christies Beach is a suburb with growth potential because it’s probably one of the last beachside suburbs within a 15 minute ride from the CBD (I tried it on the train) that’s still in the $300000 range.

It’s looking quite trendy even though there’s still a fair bit of poverty to be seen.

I don’t know why I’m sharing this with everyone on an open forum except that I wished I’d bought when the thought crossed my mind & prices were around $180 to $200000. I didn’t because I looked elsewhere & I never went to look until a fortnight ago.

Well, I didn’t & I can’t buy now because I maxed out my buying last year. Still good because Adelaide prices have all gone up.

Our risk starts on the day we buy. Doesn’t mean that if we rush to Christies, we’ll make heaps of money immediately.

Good luck,
    Kum Yin

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.