All Topics / Help Needed! / insurnace cover advice

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of JpcashflowJpcashflow
    Participant
    @jpcashflow

Hi Guys

Im not sure if any has ever brought up this topic any way I though I would????

The drought is affecting a lot of properties in terms of structural damage, tiles cracking and even walls cracking.

Is there a insurance company who provides cover for these types of problems?????
    If not I reckon there should be since this problem is occurring from a natural cause.

I have not been affected by this problem but a few people are seeing the problems affect there dwellings

Jpcashflow | JP Financial Group
    http://www.jpfinancialgroup.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Your first port of call in finance :)

Profile photo of bendbanksbendbanks
    Participant
    @bendbanks

Hi Johann22,
    Whilst you have a nice idea, I know of no property insurance that would even come close to looking at providing protection from natural causes.
    In talking with my underwriter about building issues he just [laughing] and said move on to the next topic please when it came to the topic of the drought and its effects on the building structures (and we work with around 6000 agents and 50,000 landlords Australia wide).
    But before is replied to your question I asked a builder I know who works in the area of building materials and his comment to me was that there are a lot of new building products on the market that take drought, power and heat conservation and such into consideration. Whilst this does not help you if you an old property something to keep in mind for future IP’s.
    Sorry to not be of greater help.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.