All Topics / Help Needed! / Thanks for the advice, an update:

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Profile photo of angelinvestangelinvest
    Participant
    @angelinvest

Hi,

Thank-you for your feedback Contrarian. That is another great idea.

What I have done is reduced the rent to $220 per week, plus (1 week free rent). Giving an incentive to get them in, and this is a more accurate realistic rental price. I looked on realestate.com and it is true our competition being 3 bdrm houses renovated renting between $150 and $200 per week. When looking at realestate.com we were not on there. So I got the agent to place us on this website too.[strum]
    Also placed the promoted price on Gippsland Water internal intranet, and Australian Paper Mill internal intranet, and gained permission today to place on the LaTrobe Regional Hospital intranet. Also the agent has placed a FOR LEASE sign out the front of the property. Great advice Tara30.
    These units are actually detatched townhouses, brand new 10 squares, double remote garages with internal access, solar hot water, internet connections in both bedrooms, walk in robes, open plan, bathroom and ensuite to main. Fully fenced, low maintenance, walking distance to mid valley shopping centre, less than 10 minutes, close to schools, clubs etc. One level, flat.
    So I believe the problem to be that we were advised to rent these too high and we had not through enough about how the competion affected this. We thought brand new great, will get the higher rent.
    Will let you all know when they are rented. Still learning lots, as this is our first project, have read all of Steve’s books, a legend.

Thanks everyone, have a wonderful week[hair2]
    angelinvest

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.