All Topics / Help Needed! / Justifying a lot of land

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of jasevr4jasevr4
    @jasevr4

Hi everyone,

I’m a mountain biker, and I really want a new house with a decent amount of property (say, 5 hectares) in the Adelaide Hills. The only problem is that justifying this sort of property for mountain biking only seems a little ridiculous.

I was thinking though, the areas that I am looking at are rather hilly, so I could actually build two dwellings without either being able to see eachother – one house for my family, and maybe just a one bedroom little transportable unit somewhere else. I could then rent out the one bedroom unit.

Does anyone know the legalities of doing something like this? I know if a property is classed as “watershed”, only one dwelling may be built, but if it isn’t I’m not aware of anything else that is stopping us from doing this. Can you forsee any potential issues?

Any help would be great. [aacool]

Profile photo of L.A AussieL.A Aussie
    @l.a-aussie

Be careful about building more than 1 dwelling on the land – all land has a zoning which defines exactly what you can and can’t do with it. The local council be able to tell you the zoning.

You may be able to change the zoning, but don’t count on it.

Also, if you really wan that much land, try to incorporate pleasure and wealth building; try to find a block that will allow subdivision and /or multi-dwellings on it. Best of both worlds.

Cheers,
    Marc.
    [email protected]

“we get sent lemons; it’s up to us to make lemonade”

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.