All Topics / General Property / To be or not to be? (A R/E Agent): Should I???

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of ben.jodieben.jodie
    Participant
    @ben.jodie

Hey, I have been offered an opportunity to go into real estate (as an agent). Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts/comments/advice about being an agent. Especially getting over the initial hump before the sales start to kick in?

I have another sales opportunity as well and need to make a decision.

Thanks heaps,

Ben

ps – I should add that the opportunity is in the Northern Suburbs of Brisbane… Redcliffe, Deception Bay etc.

Profile photo of propertypowerpropertypower
    @propertypower

Hi Ben,
    I think you need to make a decision based on your life goals, your career goals, your investing goals, your education and your experience. I know of REA who are really successful andy et others seem to be struggling.
    You can probably find more information on careers in real estate at http://www.reiq.com.au.
    Regards

“There is no passion to be found playing small – in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living.” – Nelson Mandela

Profile photo of TracyDTracyD
    @tracyd

On a lighter note, I bought at Deception bay last year and they could do with some DECENT AGENTS! So , go for it! I think that area will run hot for a while, so you should be able to make some good commission!
    I considered getting into property management years ago because I love property, but after careful consideration I decided that I love investing, not working in the industry for other people, so turned the job down.
    So just be sure you are interested in the hard work that goes with cold calling, inspections, set targets etc….
    Good luck!

TD

Profile photo of Opportunity In EverythingOpportunity In Everything
    @opportunity-in-everything
    TracyD wrote:
    On a lighter note, I bought at Deception bay last year and they could do with some DECENT AGENTS! So , go for it! I think that area will run hot for a while, so you should be able to make some good commission! I considered getting into property management years ago because I love property, but after careful consideration I decided that I love investing, not working in the industry for other people, so turned the job down. So just be sure you are interested in the hard work that goes with cold calling, inspections, set targets etc…. Good luck! TD

So thats what realestate is all about.  

Profile photo of XeniaXenia
    @xenia

I got a REA license in October last year and my business partner and I started our own company. No franchises and no learning from sharks that only know one selling strategy. Being Dishonest!

We are now listing both sale and rental properties faster than the name brand agencies and big franchises. We have never lowered ourselves to cold calling, door knocking or bothering people in any way shape or form.

The trick is to be honest (not desperate) and to have a good knowledge of what people want. The big bonus for us is being able to speak investor language. If you know how to be an investor, then there is NO COMPETITON! Other real estate agents will describe something as a great investment then list the features of the property and not mention anything about why it is a good investment. This happens often!
    If this is your competition, and you know something about investing, then you will have a winning business.

Good luck!

Profile photo of Jon ChownJon Chown
    @jon-chown

Go for it Ben – Contrary to the popular belief of members of this site, a career in Property can be very rewarding and not all Agents are as bad as they are depicted here.   You will see both sides of the natural greed that we Humans have in us and you will be dissapointed by lots of peoples attitudes, however every now and then someone nice comes along and restores your faith in human nature.

Jon

Profile photo of Opportunity In EverythingOpportunity In Everything
    @opportunity-in-everything

One day she'll learn you'll make the most money being nice to the agents.  Some can play the game others just complain!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.