All Topics / Help Needed! / Invest in Brisbane???

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Profile photo of SuellenSuellen
    @suellen

I’m looking to buy an investment property within the next 6 months and i’m not sure if i should buy in Sydney or Brisbane. Brisbane is definately cheaper but at the same time, is it more trouble than its worth buying interstate????

Profile photo of millionsmillions
    Participant
    @millions

I think Bris has heaps of potential and is about to take off. High immigration and employment. Heaps of good valued properties. I’d do plenty of research first and perhaps think of using a buyers agent to lower your risk. Regards, Linda

Profile photo of Matt EMatt E
    @matt-e

I have seen the term buyers agents a few times on this forum. What exactly to do they do and at what cost ? From what i have gathered so far it sounds like something i would like to explore. Where does one go to find a buyers agent ?

Profile photo of millionsmillions
    Participant
    @millions

Not to sure of buyers agents in Brisbane. I’m living in Perth and moved from Bris 8yrs ago. There’s also a coulple of Brisbane Real estate agents that use this site. Maybe do a search on other Brisbane posts. From what I’ve been told if your purchasing in Brisbane at the moment you need to make your offer fast or miss out. Prices are rising and some properties are selling at asking price or more. I got my parents to check out a couple of properties for me in Waterford and Waterford West a couple of weeks ago. One of the properties sold for asking price before they got a chance to look, so I ended up purchasing the other townhouse. I paid asking price as it had river views and same price as other units in complex without views. A couple of conveyencers I spoke to said there has been a lot of interstate investors buying in Brisbane. Regards, Linda

Profile photo of propertypowerpropertypower
    @propertypower

Hi,
    You can get more information on buyers agents at the following website (Real Estate Buyers Agents Association of Australia)
    http://www.rebaa.com.au/

Regards
    Sanjiv

“There is no passion to be found playing small – in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living.” – Nelson Mandela

Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing

Brisbane seems to be on the move of late..where are you located SueEllen??

“Money is a currency, like electricity and it requires momentum to make it Effective”

Online Positive Cashflow and Renovating Calculators

Profile photo of daciumdacium
    @dacium

It seems to depend alot on what is available and it can change extremely fast.

Recently got a property near waterford west for $255,000 after it was originally asking $269,000, this wan DEC06. Now the same type of houses are asking (and seemingly getting) $280,000 to $300,000 and the one brought is already valued at $22,000 more. It seems to depend on what is on the market. When there are alot of new houses or houses with pools then the other houses are forced down below them cause they don’t sell for months. Once there are no houses with pools or lack of new developments etc. the prices come back up very quickly. Just a few months ago I could find 3 bedroom 2 path room newish house with pool for $300,000, nearly impossible to find that now, they all at $350,000.

Profile photo of jebrojebro
    @jebro

Hi Suellen,
    I havn’t invested in either Brisbane or Sydney. However I am seriously looking at investing interstate as you are and would only advise that doing one’s homework first is essential to know exactly what type of property you are looking for and to know your prices and maybe hop on a plane and do your due diligence on the ground, making appointments to see agents and see properties prior to making an offer. I have used a buyers agent once and it was a positive experience. You are of course paying for their time and expertese and what they claimed to have saved me on the purchase price was in reality made up for by their commission fee. Does that matter? No. It didn’t of course provide me with much new knowledge by getting out there and going through the process myself. Would I use a buyers agent again? Possibly, if time constrained.
    Good luck

jebro

Profile photo of SuellenSuellen
    @suellen

I’ve done some research and have discovered a company called OzInvest. They sell house and land packages in Brisbane and offer a 10 yr leaseback and claim to handle all processes once a property has been purchased. This is from finance to construction to managing the property for the 10 years.

I’m in Sydney so having someone to assist me through everything sounds great.

Has anyone heard of this company before?? It sounds legit but some personal experiences would be great.

Profile photo of daciumdacium
    @dacium

LOL my girlfriend works for Ozinvest :-)

All I know is they about 800 properties in SE QLD and about 1,500 around sydney. THings have been all good for a long time particularly in brisbane because rentals are so hard to find, and I can’t see this changing anytime soon.

What I would do is try and buy below $300k and stick to an area close to freeways. There are alot of areas that have over-shot and are now falling over because they are in the middle of no-where (forrest lake for one, and almost anything on the north side). Try and get on the south side near the main M1 freeway and value is sure to go up.

Profile photo of Opportunity In EverythingOpportunity In Everything
    @opportunity-in-everything

Northside of Brisbane what about the 200+ million dollar upgrade of the Bruce Highway. National 1. Wonder why?

Clearly it pays to do you’re own research.

Always get an independant valuation and see the property for yourself.

http://www.mainroads.qld.gov.au check out the link to the projects for South East Queensland.

http://www.mainroads.qld.gov.au/MRWEB/Prod/Content.nsf/1b117feddfff9cdb4a2569f10019412f/298fbf87896f61594a256c6a001e3c59?OpenDocument

Opportunity in everythinng

Profile photo of vyaw2003vyaw2003
    Participant
    @vyaw2003

$200 million upgrade,
    one day while parked in the middle of the bruce in front of that sign i worked out that 15ks of road each way was going to make one extra lane.
    $100m / 15 ks
    = $6.6 million for 1 KM of road

I no nothing of road build but i bet i could do it cheaper than that.

why are we looking at units, contracting to the governement to build roads is where the money is at!!!

Profile photo of vyaw2003vyaw2003
    Participant
    @vyaw2003

$200 million upgrade,
    one day while parked in the middle of the bruce in front of that sign i worked out that 15ks of road each way was going to make one extra lane.
    $100m / 15 ks
    = $6.6 million for 1 KM of road

I no nothing of road build but i bet i could do it cheaper than that.

why are we looking at units, contracting to the governement to build roads is where the money is at!!!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.