All Topics / Help Needed! / mortgage broker

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Profile photo of write2cathywrite2cathy
    @write2cathy

can anyone suggest a good mortgage broker in the sydney area?

im not familiar with them…and i understand their services are usually free, is that right?

thanks

Profile photo of krautcankrautcan
    @krautcan

Cathy,
    Richard Taylor is a mortgage broker in Brisbane and regular contributor to this forum. With electronic communications these days location is not so important.

Profile photo of AmandaBSAmandaBS
    Participant
    @amandabs

Yes Richard is based in Brissy but as Krautcan said with email/phone/fax this shouldn’t be an issue.
    http://www.propertydivas.com.au/7ProfServ/Professionals.aspx?cmaid=3b9d5965-4e9a-4d69-9254-a9dde01786e5&cmstat=Profall

Alternatively Alex & Cameron Perry (forum members) also have an office in Sydney, here’s how to contact them:

http://www.propertydivas.com.au/7ProfServ/Professionals.aspx?cmaid=1616e4b5-9bbf-4e0b-bd7d-ac23f83d55bd&cmstat=Profall

AmandaBS
    http://www.propertydivas.com.au
    FREE online Property Resources

“It is better to be inconspicuously wealthy, than to be ostentatiously poor…”

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Thanks Kris & Amanda for the words of praise.

You are so right electonic communication has a lot to answer.

If you tell me what you are trying to achieve cathy would be happy to help.

Cheers

Richard Taylor
    Residential & Commercial Finance Broker.
    Licensed Financial Planner. Ph: 07 3720 1888
    [email protected]
    New Shared Equity scheme has arrived – Email us for details.

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

I am in Sydney too.

Terryw
    Discover Home Loans
    [email protected]
    Send an email to get my newsletter.

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

You wont go wrong with Richard or Terry. They both have enviable reputations and are men of integrity – shame more brokers aren’t the same.

Let us know how you get on. These guys deserve a good writeup!

Simon Macks
    Residential and Commercial Finance Broker
    [email protected]
    0425 228 985

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Profile photo of LarsontLarsont
    @larsont

I’m wondering, because Mortgage Brokers are regulars on this forum,

my current broker has just cost me 1700 and I am wondering if i should be moving onto someone else.

I wont name this broker, the situation is this – ANZ direct set up a mortgage stemming from equiity. However, the funds went into a current equity manager which put us in credit meaning we were paying interest immediaelty on the new mortgage before evening purchasing anything. Wrong move Mr Christian Pino or was it a smart move I wonder.

I advised my broker who advised he could fix that drainage immediately. Great we thought. We went ahead over the next four weeks spending some here and there 23k.

Then the broker advised that our mortgage was credit critical, he had’nt fixed the leak , and we had’nt the funds to bring it back to balance, we have now headed into a restructure process, across three lines.

It seems the restructure amounts to a new application, and I’m wondering if my broker is cashing in on us. The 1700 was in extra interest fees.

At present we are left waiting with a settlement due in 4 weeks.

What do think of this ?

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Hi Larson

Must admit got slightly confues along the way but think i certainly got the drift.

I am assuming that your Broker drew down the Line of Credit funds which gets him a trail commission. Unused Line of Credit dont earn you much other than respect from your clients.

I has a feeling he might be in it for a quid.

Dont get me wrong i think the Breakfree package which I assume you are on is an excellent facility and we do volume business with Anz. (Helps the Qld State manager is a good mate and golfing buddy so we get things done).

Would need to know a little more about the deal but I am sure there is a way around it.

Cheers

Richard Taylor
    Residential & Commercial Finance Broker.
    Licensed Financial Planner. Ph: 07 3720 1888
    [email protected]
    New Shared Equity scheme has arrived – Email us for details.

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.