All Topics / Help Needed! / how do i sack a Bodycorporate manager?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of vyaw2003vyaw2003
    Participant
    @vyaw2003

My Bodycorporate manager is useless and i want to sack her.
    To do this i need to call an Extrordiary general meeting.
    To do this i need everyone elses contact details.
    The BC Manager wont give these to me without charging a fee.
    Is this correct?
    And also does it cost much to switch bodycorporate managers to a different agency?
    Are there any costs invloved if so does anyone know what they are?

Profile photo of bendbanksbendbanks
    Participant
    @bendbanks

vyaw2003,
    Okay this is fun [laughing]. Sacking a BC is not an easy task, you need 51% of your owners to agree, at that time you need a very good reason to sack a BC as like PM’s they may have purchased the rights to manage the BC and there for will fight you all the way. The cost of switching well there is no real cost BC charge a commission on the revenue they manage on behalf of the owners, but also remember that depending on where you are BC managers are limited.
    As for charging you a fee well that depends on the BC manager but if your serious send me a PM I’m happy to help you.

Profile photo of mathewc73mathewc73
    Participant
    @mathewc73

Most people are lazy so reaseach potential BCs first and highlight their benefits.

If you live in the building, and its not too big, do a door knock. You will either find out if they live there or if they rent, if they rent you can get the contact details of the property manager and you can sell them the idea.

Once they are sold you can be sure they will recommend to their landlord to agree with your proposal.

If you have 30+ residents it is very difficult. (having seen one fail first hand).

Good luck

Mathew
    http://www.arrttt.com
    Custom Oil Portraits

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.