All Topics / Help Needed! / Mentors WANTED

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of bug509bug509
    Participant
    @bug509

MENTORS WANTED

My name is Joshua, I’m 21 and live on the south coast of NSW at a place called Jervis Bay. I currently own a one bedroom unit in cairns and I’m looking to grow my portfolio. I work as an apprentice Fitter and Machinst as my primary job and also work a second night job at coles supermarket.

I’m focused, motivated, hard working, determine, honest, and friendly person. Throughout purchasing my first property at 19, I under took the whole process by myself reading and researching as much as possible.

As I’m now looking to grow my portfolio I’m currently seeking successful property investors that I could refer to in times of need, also to learn from there mistakes and triumph. Someone I could ask questions and advice as well as help me grow my porfolio.

If there is anyone out there who would like to be my mentor of just someone I could ask questions please refer back to this forum or to my personal email [email protected] ,If anyone would like to contact me I can be reached on 0431 850 280.

Thanks to all that reads this forum

Josh[biggrin]

P.S If anyone has any info about mentoring at all please advice.

JBuggy

Profile photo of The ContrarianThe Contrarian
    @the-contrarian

Mate… you’ve come to the right place.

If you have any questions… post them here… not only will you get one opinion… you’ll get many… it sounds like you’ve already got a great start… esp… if you’re 21, bought in Darwin two years ago… and earning ok cash by the sound of things…

Good onya champ!
    Keep it up!

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

I am guessing that a bunch of anonymous strangers in a forum isn’t the mentorship that he had in mind.

The problem is that the more successful the mentor the less likely he has the time or the motivation to spend it here … myself included.

All the best but I am thinking that you need to approach this in a more targetted and businesslike fashion.

Simon Macks
    Residential and Commercial Finance Broker
    [email protected]
    0425 228 985

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Profile photo of XeniaXenia
    @xenia

I can recomend the prosper group from NSW, they are defiantely not free but worth their weigh in gold.

When if comes to information, you get what you pay for, if you want it free you get cheap advice!

Investment Property Management
    http://www.adprop.com.au

Profile photo of nadiaznadiaz
    @nadiaz

Hi josh its nadia did you get my response to your question Im not sure if I should have sent it in your topic or mine let me know. regards

Profile photo of bug509bug509
    Participant
    @bug509

Hey I relpied in you topic

JBuggy

Profile photo of js2js2
    @js2

There is a pretty exclusive forum joining over here, come join us we can help you.

We have got the action taker mindset required for success. It cost couple bucks to join. But has been well worth it! http://www.888abundance.com.au

Other then that you can meet a mentor on the street you don’t necessarily need to stipulate up front that you are looking for a mentor, as any kind of commitment from most scares people away but rather just develop a relationship that bond friendship as per normal any other person you might know then eventually break it to them that you consider that they are becoming your mentor, they will already be your mentor by then without them knowing. during this time there is no pressure on either person or when you for certain know that that is the mentor that you want then explain to them that that is what you are.

Just hung around with people who are doing what you like and you will form friends acquaintances you must be with people you get along with and sometime people that are perhaps a bit different to what you are of think so therefore it challenges the way you think. If you are not an action taker and just want your hand held and I’m not suggesting you are but this is the biggest quality to provide your mentor.

You might have 5 people you consider that know a lot more then you these you can consider as mentors. I consider anyone really that I identify as knowing and having experienced more in the field that I want to go in as a mentor, but really above all I have just one that I go to ask the shoots.

It’s good that you are looking for one and coming forward to look for one. Always look for a mentor and good advice often it’s who you know and not what you know and that doesn’t cost a lot.

You never know the next person you see in the street that you don’t even know it may be carrying the information that you need for him/her to be your mentor.

One last thing; make phone calls and real life meetings where possible the ones that don’t and don’t be one of the 95% don’t. just forums are no good it’s got to go down to earth and into some realistic on group work and just chatting to normal human beings.

Oh, and I’m quiet high on drugs in Hospital a.t.m but I hope I have been a help. Always look for a win/win with the mentor you are with always look for ways to reward your mentor so that they feel it is worth while for them :).

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.