All Topics / Help Needed! / Birddogging???

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of mitchell.cameronmitchell.cameron
    @mitchell.cameron

This is my first post here on the forum but I am a little confused.

I read the some of the previous posts on briddogging but I really don’t know:

What IS birddogging?

Is it when you buy a property (ie: buy and settle) then sell it to another investor for a few thousand extra after u own it?

Or is t just finding a good deal for someone and them buying it? If so, how do you ensure you don’t get burned and cut out of the deal?

Or is one of these spotting??? (what the difference?)

ANy help on these or any furthere info on starting briddogging in Queensland would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Profile photo of landchaserslandchasers
    @landchasers

I can only speak for birddogs in the US and myself.

A birddog locates properties for investors that meet their specific standards or interests. Depending on where you’re locating them, you can get paid a marketing fee, a consulting fee or a finders fee. A lot of this depends on the laws in the area and how much you’re actually doing for the investor. You can help to secure your funds through a finders fee agreement or something to that effect.

Most birddogs do this as a way to earn a little cash and experience as they work their way into their own investing plans.

Derek Guyer
    http://www.landchasers.com

Profile photo of mitchell.cameronmitchell.cameron
    @mitchell.cameron

Where would be a good place to find out about finders fee agreements?

Also, does that all I would have to do would source deals for potential investors and still make a few hundred dollars?

Sounds like the perfect way for a time rich guy like myself to gain a deposit for my first investment property.

Thanks derek

Profile photo of landchaserslandchasers
    @landchasers

That would probably be a better question for someone local to you. I have a Fee for Service Agreement I could send you and would be more than happy to do so, but don’t know if it would cover you well enough there or not. Feel free to contact me if you’re interested in seeing it. It’s simple, but has worked for me in the past.

Derek Guyer
    http://www.landchasers.com

Profile photo of mitchell.cameronmitchell.cameron
    @mitchell.cameron

Thanks. That would be great actually.

While our laws are different, with a basic agreement to work off as a template, I suppose an Australian equivalent could created a lot quicker.

If you could email it to me or something please, that would be wonderful Derek.

Do any Australian, preferably Queensland forum members have anything to add?

Profile photo of rjgowrierjgowrie
    Participant
    @rjgowrie

have a look at other property websites, such as http://www.positiverealestate.com.au/
    they find properties and offer them to their members. Finders fees are usually in the vicinity of 3-5 THOUSAND dollars, depending on the underlying price of the property. I imagine doing this provately you could probably ask 2-3 grand per property.
    Hope this helps
    Russ

Profile photo of propertypowerpropertypower
    @propertypower

You need to be aware of the rules and regulations. If I understand correctly you need a real estate license to operate the business.
    More information is available from http://www.rebaa.com.au (Real Estate Buyers Agents Association of Australia).

“There is no passion to be found playing small – in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living.” – Nelson Mandela

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.