All Topics / Value Adding / What are you doing to add value in the drought??

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of Jenny1Jenny1
    @jenny1

Just interested to know what the forum are doing to make their place half decent to sell in the drought?

Are we all mulching mulching and more mulching are you planting drought resistent plants…of course there is self interest here as I have not got a clue [biggrin]

Looking forward to finding out what your doing.

Jenny1

Profile photo of JFisherJFisher
    @jfisher

My personal opinion is that every home in Australia should capture at least some of their rainfall (if and when it happens). Even if this water is used to water gardens (drought tolerant of course), wash cars and flush toilets it has to be better than letting it run down the stormwater system. Hooking up toilet flushing rainwater tanks or adding a Solahart is compulsary (Five Star requirement) on new dwellings in Vic where we are and can be pricey (depending on who does it) but the other options aren’t expensive in the scheme of things and can be retrofitted.

Julie Fisher
    Daryl Fisher Homes

Profile photo of dunnydunny
    @dunny

Using Greywater is a very useful way to keep the property looking great.

Using all waste water, apart from the toilet, on the garden makes so much sense these days.

The top line filtration systems can cost up to $10K but there are adequate solutions available for around $1,500.

Profile photo of Jenny1Jenny1
    @jenny1

Good answer Julie but I was more interested what people were doing to make their outside more presentable in these hard times of little water.

Sorry if my question wasn’t more clearer, I am sure everyone is in the same boat just wanted to know of any clever ideas to attract a buyer.

Thak you

Jenny1

Profile photo of JFisherJFisher
    @jfisher
    Originally posted by Jenny1:

Good answer Julie but I was more interested what people were doing to make their outside more presentable in these hard times of little water.

Sorry if my question wasn’t more clearer, I am sure everyone is in the same boat just wanted to know of any clever ideas to attract a buyer.

Thak you
    Jenny1

Hi Jenny1
    I sort of did intend it in that context but got carried away a bit. If you pop a small rainwater tank on your home it may be a great selling feature considering lack of water for gardens is such a common thread. A rainwater tank will often add more value than it costs to install. Coupled with a well mulched and well designed garden with drought tolerant plants, your home could look heaps better than another persons house with half dead grass!
    Another idea is to have a good look at the front of your home. Is it inviting, clean, tidy, how does it present? If it looks inviting you will attract more people inside. Do what you can to make the front of your house appealing. Remember, I am a builder not a REA so take with a pinch of salt!

Good Luck. Julie.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.