All Topics / Help Needed! / Finding a good accountant

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

Hi all. I am relatively new to property and am in the process of sourcing a new accountant to help structure our investments appropriately. Can anyone offer some tips when considering accountants and what we should be looking for. Are there any good accountants on the Gold Coast that someone can recommend? Would appreciate any comments.

Profile photo of emptypocketsemptypockets
    @emptypockets

A good question to ask “do you own any investment properties”.

So many accountants/financial planners are only into managed funds because they pay commissions. When your fund goes down they say buy more, when property goes down they say sell out and invest into managed funds!

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

Good point, this is one of the concerns I have. Would like to try and avoid any bias if possible. I own one IP with over 100k equity and would like to sought out structures before going any further as I believe it can be costly if left to a later stage. Thanks for comment..

Profile photo of AmandaBSAmandaBS
    Participant
    @amandabs

Have a chat to Ross Johnston. He’s also a member on this forum. Here’s the link:
    http://www.propertydivas.com.au/7ProfServ/Professionals.aspx?cmaid=d991fecd-bbfc-4ab2-9732-da8bf2d1af97&cmstat=Profall

AmandaBS
    http://www.propertydivas.com.au
    FREE online Property Resources

“It is better to be inconspicuously wealthy, than to be ostentatiously poor…”

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Try Steve Hodgkinson who is a pertner at the Gold Business Group in Southport on 5532 2855.

Steve is an expert in property and an active investor himself. He has been my accountant for over 12 years and acted for many of my clients from the forum.

Tell him i referred you so you can get past the receiptionist. Moost good Accountants are not taking on new clients.

Cheers

Richard Taylor
    Residential & Commercial Finance Broker.
    Licensed Financial Planner. Ph: 07 3720 1888
    [email protected]
    Looking for life cover – We Guarantee to beat any quote you have in writing.

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of HookhamCHookhamC
    @hookhamc

I must admit it was some time ago that I lived on the Gold Coast but when I did I found Casey’s Consultancy great to deal with.

[cigar][cigar]

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

Thanks for all of your suggestions guys. Richard; I went to Steve with your referal and he was happy to see me in a few days, sounds pretty switched on (and on top of that a nice guy). Failing that, I will check out the other suggestions.

Really appreciate the contacts, would not have known where to start. [biggrin]

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.