All Topics / Opinionated! / I’d like to see people own opinion please

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Profile photo of casscocassco
    Participant
    @cassco

I encourage mesages from different property investors thanks.Over a year ago an agent with no signs or marketing sold a house for me and took a $22,000 commission on a house 277,000.Before contract I agreed becuase he said there would be another agent selling the property and that they will split the commission.When he had the offer on contract I asked him again and he told me this other guy sold it so I took his word and signed.Later when another agent rang me to ask if I sold I said yes and then when I told him how much I investigated and rung him and found out that he sold it and that he had lied all along.I asked for 10k back but he just abused me.What would you do take him to vact and see what they say or let it go.Would love to hear opinions thanks

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

It all hinges on what your contract says. Have a read of that and see where you stand.

Simon Macks
    Residential and Commercial Finance Broker
    [email protected]
    0425 228 985

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

Sorry, I cannot understand what you wrote. Did you end up paying extra commission? Usually if another agent sells a property, then they split the commission – you don’t pay extra.

Terryw
    Discover Home Loans
    [email protected]
    Send an email to get my newsletter.

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing

$22,000 is a *heck* of a lot for selling a $277,000.00 property with or without a variety of agent, advertising etc etc

Sounds to me like you were conned big time

As far as recourse goes I’m not sure, but I’d be talking to anyone who would listen…what State are you in (Apart from Angry)?

“Money is a currency, like electricity and it requires momentum to make it Effective”

Online Positive Cashflow and Renovating Calculators

Profile photo of nadiaznadiaz
    @nadiaz

Sounds to me like youv’e been had. I would however pursue and look to seek good legel advice there must be a legal loop hole in your favour. These days if you look hard enough you will always find something.

Profile photo of casscocassco
    Participant
    @cassco

Ok.The contract says 255,000.It also has only his name on it.That’s what I agreed to before he came with the contarct becuase he told me there would be 2 commisions between him and another agent that was supposed to have sold it.But there was no other agent.When he had the contract he lied to me and said that the other agent sold it when there was never another agent.He knew I would have said no to him taking the lot.But I never read the contract when he bought it to me to sign for sale.Later I read his name only and when I asked and confronted him about it he told me he sold it and started abusing me.I said why lie for If you truly desrved it why not tell the truth.That is my argument.But it was also my first house sale so I guess I can only learn.

Profile photo of ShOw_Me_ThE_MoNeYShOw_Me_ThE_MoNeY
    @show_me_the_money

Hi Cassco, Pls dont take me wrong, but i sincerely do not understand how could you enter a deal without reading the contract. What the agent has done is UN-ethical, but in todays world you cant really trust and take any ones word for granted. I am not good at legal stuff so cant help you finding a loop hole to get back to your agent. But pls be carefull and i’d advise everyone to read the contract before signing any deal. There are ppl in this world who spend a fair bit geting a solicitor review their contracts.

Profile photo of casscocassco
    Participant
    @cassco
    Profile photo of Kipper57Kipper57
    @kipper57

You could always contact the real estate institute of your state and see if they can take any action or they may be able to provide advice on how to deal with it if any thing can be done

Wayne
    Mortgage Adviser
    Email [email protected]
    http://www.alphamortgagesolutions.com.au
    First home buyers, investors, refinace, loan consolidation, equity loans, free service we come to you!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.