All Topics / Finance / Help with a finance scenario please?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Profile photo of justme28justme28
    @justme28

My partner and I live in his home (approx value $300k, interest only loc $145k). He has a $20k visa debt which we would really like to clear.

He doesn’t have a “job”, rather runs his own business which just pays the bills.

I have no debt and income of $56k.

We want to keep my income free for future investments but somehow build the visa debt into the LOC.

The problem is that when he got the loan years ago he had a job with an income. Now he doesn’t and on paper earns well short of the tax free threshold although he could afford to service the loan if that makes sense [wink]

So – how can we increase the LOC or refinance to a fixed loan in his name only without having to provide pay slips etc to substantiate it?

I’m thinking you’ll suggest no doc loans – but don’t you have to have an ABN showing self employment income to get that?

Any help would be appreciated.

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

Your partner could get a No Doc or a Low Doc loan to 80% of the value of the property – subject to a few qualifications such as location, if has an ABN for 2+ yrs etc.

Terryw
    Discover Home Loans
    [email protected]
    Send an email to get my newsletter.

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Hi Tammy

Will have some details for you tomorrow.

Cheers

Richard Taylor
    Residential & Commercial Finance Broker.
    Licensed Financial Planner. Ph: 07 3720 1888
    [email protected]
    Looking for life cover – We Guarantee to beat any quote you have in writing.

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of Kipper57Kipper57
    @kipper57

We have a lender on our panel that will do a low doc for a 60%lvr deal with a 1 day ABN . You will need to do a stat dec re his income

Wayne
    Mortgage Adviser
    Email [email protected]
    http://www.alphamortgagesolutions.com.au
    Refinace, Loan Consolidation, Owner Occupied or Investment Finance. Free Service we come to you!

Profile photo of ducksterduckster
    Participant
    @duckster

wanelad is spot on – there is a lender that exists in the market place that can do this type of finance

Duckster Financial Services
    http://www.ducksterfinancial.com
    Helping to make the great Australian Dream come true !

Comments are of a general nature and may not be relevant to your individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Participant
    @qlds007

There are many lenders that will do this to a 70% LVR as well with ABN for 1 day or Nodoc to 80%.

Tammy’s partner has been self employed for more than 2 years so length of employment is not an issue.

Easiest and most competive way is to make a Tammy a borrower and do it full doc to 90% LVR.

Cheers

Richard Taylor
    [email protected]
    Looking for life cover – We Guarantee to beat any quote you have in writing.

Profile photo of Kipper57Kipper57
    @kipper57

Yes there are many however not as many with a reasonable rate. Which is important for future servicing due to only 1 income

Wayne
    Mortgage Adviser
    Email [email protected]
    http://www.alphamortgagesolutions.com.au
    First home buyers, investors, refinace, loan consolidation, equity loans, free service we come to you!

Participant
    @qlds007

I would argue 70% lodoc at 7.40% with no LMI is a reasonable interest rate.

Cheers

Richard Taylor
    [email protected]
    New 100% Shared Equity scheme coming soon – Email us for details.

Profile photo of Oz BoyOz Boy
    @oz-boy

How come none of the brokers who answered this question asked how much the person could afford to pay????

This is what the broking industry is trying to rid itself of, brokers just set on doing the loan without taking into account the clients position.

Also worth noting that none asked about the debt on the Visa if it is personal debt then it cannot be rolled into an investment debt it should be set up as a seperate account.

As always BUYER BEWARE especially if you using the half hearted suggestions offered here.

Participant
    @qlds007

Hopefully this will your first and only post with comments like that.

Do you not think that members correspond with members off the forum or by email.

How do you think i knew Tammy’s name.

Does she mention it anywhere in any of the correspondance –
    NO i think not.

Would it be that i am totally aware of her position financially and what she is trying to achieve her income, liabilites, what the funds were used for, her goals and aspirations both now and in the future – MAYBE YES.

Just think about non constructive comments before you post them as most members here are here for the benefit of other.

Cheers

Richard Taylor
    [email protected]

Profile photo of Oz BoyOz Boy
    @oz-boy
    Originally posted by Qlds007:

Hopefully this will your first and only post with comments like that.

I doubt it especially when I get comments back like yours.

Again lots of hot air but no facts. Please feel free to have a go at me but at least be confident in your reply.

I still stick by what I said and as a forum I believe I am entitled to post my opinion as you are yours.

**I wonder if ASIC investigators ever look through here??

Participant
    @qlds007

Thankfully we still live in a democracy so yes you do have a right.

All i say is dont cast everyone with your tainted brush until you get know them a little better.

Yes hopefully ASIC and other Government related bodies do read such forums.

Cheers

Richard Taylor
    [email protected]

Profile photo of L.A AussieL.A Aussie
    @l.a-aussie

Settle down boys and girls.

One thing I noticed from the first post which may or may not have been highlighted in a private email to justme28:-

She talks about her partner’s $20k credit card debt being rolled into the L.O.C.

I am assuming it is personal debt, so because of that, I would say that if you are going to roll it into the new L.O.C or whatever loan you set up, then before you do this you must not use the credit card again, and CUT IT UP.

Again, assuming personal debt, with a $20k c/c debt it is clear that he cannot manage money well enough to keep the card after rolling the debt into a new loan, he is likely to max it out all over again and therefore should either:-

a) go without c/c’s totally (hard to do in this day and age), or
    b) get a new card with a very small limit say $1,000
    c) reduce the limit on the existing one to the above limit.

The sad reality is that most people who roll the c/c debt into a new loan and still keep the card usually max it out again in a short period of time, but now they have 2 c/c amounts to try and pay off – the one rolled into the loan and the one on the c/c. Financial destruction is looming.

Cheers,
    Marc.
    [email protected]

“we get sent lemons; it’s up to us to make lemonade”

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw
    Originally posted by Oz Boy:

How come none of the brokers who answered this question asked how much the person could afford to pay????

This is what the broking industry is trying to rid itself of, brokers just set on doing the loan without taking into account the clients position.

Also worth noting that none asked about the debt on the Visa if it is personal debt then it cannot be rolled into an investment debt it should be set up as a seperate account.

As always BUYER BEWARE especially if you using the half hearted suggestions offered here.

Oz, this is just a forum with brokers and others giving general ideas of what would be possible. If an actual application was submitted then further checks would be made and serviceability looked into.

Terryw
    Discover Home Loans
    [email protected]
    Send an email to get my newsletter.

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of daciumdacium
    @dacium

Yes the best a bank will do is roll it onto a personal loan. Your banks credit card company will probably do it.

Profile photo of foundationfoundation
    @foundation
    Originally posted by justme28:

on paper earns well short of the tax free threshold although he could afford to service the loan if that makes sense [wink]

Yes, I think I understand. [wink]

Originally posted by Terryw:

Your partner could get a No Doc or a Low Doc loan

Originally posted by wanelad:

We have a lender on our panel that will do a low doc

Originally posted by duckster:

a lender that exists in the market place that can do this type of

Originally posted by Qlds007:

There are many lenders that will do this to a 70% LVR

Please, whoever gets the custom, do be sure to warn Tammy(?) about the ATO’s computer data matching – if her partner claims to be able to (and indeed is able to) service a loan that would be impossible to service on his stated income…

BAMM! Fines and heavy penalties for tax evasion.

F. [cowboy2]

Participant
    @qlds007

Foundation – Think both Terry and I are well aware of the ATO cross referencing hence the recommendation to consider a Nodoc style loan where no income declaration is required whatsover.

Also now with many Lodoc declaration income is not required to be declared only confirmation that you can service the monthly repayments.

Cheers

Richard Taylor
    [email protected]
    New Shared Equity scheme has arrived – Email us for details.

Profile photo of foundationfoundation
    @foundation

Fair enough then. I thought the ATO were a little more sophisticated than that! This article:

http://www.computerworld.com.au/index.php/id;1686331665

indicates that they were checking for loan repayments that exceeded reasonable levels for a stated income:

Computerworld understands the IT shops of banks, mortgage brokers and mortgage insurers are all likely to be targets of legal orders to provide the taxman with customer data to compare mortgage repayments with declarations (or lack thereof) of taxable incomes.
    “…we will be systematically doing data-matching to check lodgement of returns from people who have applied for and obtained low-doc loans and we’ll continue to develop sophisticated risk analysis to identify the ones where we suspect understatement of income is a significant issue,” Carmody said.

But I’ll concede I don’t really know.

regards, F. [cowboy2]

Profile photo of mortgageadvisormortgageadvisor
    @mortgageadvisor

I have a lender P.A.Y.G with 80% LVR or 1 Day ABN with 80% LVR.

Equity Finance & Mortagages Pty Ltd Mob: 0413 594 675
    Mortgage Advisor

Participant
    @qlds007

Thanks MA

I have sorted it out with Tammy and Yes we went with a 1 day Nodoc loan uninsured.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.