All Topics / Finance / Loan for PPOR

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of rpbrownrpbrown
    @rpbrown

Can someone tell me how long you have to be working before a financial institution will lend you money for your PPOR? If you have cash from the sale of house of about $260,000 and need to borrow maybe $50,000 max. more to get a property you’d be happy to live in.???

N. Brown

Profile photo of neilandkategormanneilandkategorman
    @neilandkategorman

Dear RPBROWN,

The answer is that it depends on which lender you speak to and what type of work you do (full time, contract, casual, self employed etc etc).

Assuming you work full time, most would ‘prefer’ for you to have been working for 2 years plus for the same employer, however many will accept 6 months, and some even 3 (partly dependant on what you were doing before).

For this reason I’d advise you find a broker so they can do the ‘legwork for you.

I hope this is of assistance,
    Regards

Neil and Kate Gorman
    Mortgage Broker
    Mortgage Choice – there’s only one choice
    tel: 0430 500 848
    e-mail: [email protected]

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

1 day.

Terryw
    Discover Home Loans
    [email protected]
    Send an email to get my newsletter.

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

There are 1 or two lenders who have waived their probationary requirements and will lend once you have confirmation of employment.

As Terry states 1 day is sufficient as long as you have continuous employment previously.

Other alternative is a PAYG nodoc loan.

Cheers

Richard Taylor
    Residential & Commercial Finance Broker.
    Licensed Financial Planner. Ph: 07 3720 1888
    [email protected]
    Looking for life cover – We Guarantee to beat any quote you have in writing.

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of rpbrownrpbrown
    @rpbrown

Richard, who are the guys that waive the probationary period and would the interest charged be higher due to a perceived risk? Employment history isn’t good. Chose to spend as much time with the kids as possible while they were at school so employment was very casual and money not good.

N. Brown

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.