All Topics / Value Adding / House extension in Sydney

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of Ol PaintingOl Painting
    @ol-painting

Hi,

Can someone advise what would be the general cost of house extension in Sydney?
    I need shell only – walls, roof, windows and doors.
    I’m considering one or two levels extension.

And also how much would I expect for building a garage?

I‘m looking for something really simple in shape.
    – If it’s two levels it will have kitchen on the ground level and bedroom & bathroom above.
    – If it’s one level – it will simply have the kitchen / bathroom on the ground level.

I wonder what the general guide for the price cost for building a shell only (I’ll budget the fittings separately).

Many thanks

Cheers
    Lesia
    [evo]
    http://www.vmstreamline.com

Profile photo of JFisherJFisher
    @jfisher

Hi Lesia
    Too many variable for someone to answer this question without them being experienced with extensions or trade qualified. I think that your best bet would be to ask a couple of builders to come and have a look and give you an estimate to build to lock up stage. If you have the homes original plans available (especially footings) so that they can determine soil type etc it will help as a slab price can vary considerable depending on the type of soil it is laid in. Some builders will give you a meterage price based on area but no-one will give you a quote unless you have some plans drawn up. Best to find out from council, architect or building inspector that you will be able to do it first. I hope someone from Sydney responds to your post.

Julie Fisher
    Daryl Fisher Homes

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.