All Topics / Help Needed! / power of attorney

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of mittamitta
    @mitta

Needing advice on the finer points of using a so far unused power of attorney I have with two siblings, we had it drawn up a little while ago to deal with all property related issues.

Could someone describe an example of the phase that you would use when signing with the power of attorney ?

Also, say I was signing a purchase contract for a property at what stage of the proceedings does the ” power of attorney certificate/form ? ” come into play ?

Mark

Profile photo of Nat23Nat23
    @nat23

Hi,

It depends on which state you are in. If you are in WA a unregistered POA (if over three months old) must be accompanied with a stat dec to state that the Donor is still alive and kicking. If you are in WA I can send you some info.

Once the POA has been lodged with the Land Titles Office you are able to execute a contract of sale and all relating docs for that transaction. On the contract it must state the POA registration number. On the other settlement docs there is a special clause that is required to be completed.

Check with your state Land Titles office for more info.

Natalie Briggs
    Frontline Settlements
    [email protected]

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

I have purchased a few properties in my wife’s trust using a POA to sign. I believe in most states the POA has to be registered at the land titles office if you are signing for property related transactions. I think you just sign your name and write “as power of attorney for”.

Terryw
    Discover Home Loans
    [email protected]
    Send an email to get my newsletter.

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of mittamitta
    @mitta

Thanks Natalie and Terry, very helpful.

Mark

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.