All Topics / Forum Frolic / 18th Century sailing Ship

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of StumpedStumped
    @stumped

It was peaceful where I live.

A 5 acre area of natural council land bordering my fence.

In fact my fence on three sides was in common with council land.

However, when I need repairs, they tell me that it’s 6 inches on my side of the property line, therefore it’s my soul responsibility.

Several years passed (16 years) and one day developers arrived on the 5 acre parkland site.

My house is on a sloping block and it is lower at the back than it is at street level out front.

Much to my amazement the land next to me was built up to the same level as my street, in fact maybe even higher.

Then one day, a large Caterpillar machine with spikey knobs on the wheels trundled over this newly built up pile of dirt next door, vibrating the fillings out of your teeth!

Ever since that day, living in my house has been like living in an 18th Century Ship of the Line!

Creaking and groaning in the breeze and when you walk across the floor.

Most of my windows don’t open any more and you need to heave up on the door knob to ensure the door stays shut.

I complained to the council but they said that it wasn’t a proper building site yet as no houses are being erected, therefore, they couldn’t investigate it!

Oh and another thing I said, the developers have erected a new fence on two sides of my boundary, what about the 6 inches the council cleverly pushed my fence back so that they would avoid costs ?

What 6 inches, we don’t know what you are talking about, they said!

The next installment in fun and games is that the council permitted the fence to be the maximum height bordering this new development.

That’s fine, and from my garden one can look up and see the sky when standing next to the fence.

However, over the fence, they built up the ground for a public walkway and one can look directly into my garden from this built up walkway.

It seems that the privacy is for those on the public walkway but not for my family from the public walkway.

Oh, yes, and there is a street lamp at the front of our house and now there is a new one at the side.

We have 24 hours of light all around the house, a little like the high security prisons have.

You see the sort of things that impinge on one’s life, invited or not.[thumbsdownanim

Profile photo of v8ghiav8ghia
    @v8ghia

Welcome to the forum stumped….sorry it was not a happier posting for you.[guilty] Reminds me of a lovely little place we had once, until some ‘sharp pointy object’ neighbors moved in as tennants over the back fence. Absolute cleptomaniac dross. Anyway, the solution can be to sell, but you should’nt have to. maybe the develpoer/s may give you a good price down the track, or the value of your home increase perhaps? Anyway, hope it works out longterm. An extra bit on the fence or a big vine looks in order. Chin up.[strum]

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.