All Topics / Help Needed! / Solicitor VS Conveyencer

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of ShOw_Me_ThE_MoNeYShOw_Me_ThE_MoNeY
    @show_me_the_money

Hi Guys,
    whats the difference between a Solicitor and a Conveyencer? What are their roles? If i am buying a house, do i need to go through both? or either or?

Profile photo of Nat23Nat23
    @nat23

Hi,

I am a Settlement Agent/Conveyancer in Perth. There is not a lot of difference between the two aprt from a settlement agent cannot give legal advice. If the situation calls for legal advice we must hold the file and reuqest that the client seels legal advise urgently. Once the client has decided to seek that advice we then as conveyancers take instructions from the solicitor.

As a Licensed Settlement Agent I had to attend TAFE for 3 years and complete 2 years prac before my license was issued. As for a solicitor they are able to apply for a license whenever they want as they are a solicitor. Even though they may not have any experience or training in the indusrty.

So if you are in Perth I suggest that you employ a settlement agent as we have been trained in every aspect of the job and have been properly trained and screened by the Board.

Natalie
    [email protected]

Profile photo of ShOw_Me_ThE_MoNeYShOw_Me_ThE_MoNeY
    @show_me_the_money

Thanks for clarifying this Nat. I am in melbourne so perhaps my next step would be to search for a Solicitor in melbourne as i would be needing legal advice for my next venture.

Regards
    SMTM

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.