All Topics / Help Needed! / Buying Land View to Build

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of davidg2152davidg2152
    @davidg2152

Hello,

We are looking to buy land in New South Wales. There is no build date to worry about and the blocks have all town services.

I have been told I need to find out about soil type and get a surveyor? The blocks are pegged out already.

I negotiated a rate with Westpac and now am not sure what I have to do. I gather I need a solicitor to buy the land and manage contract exchange.

What else should we do?

No real idea?

Dave and Claire.

Profile photo of loccolocco
    @locco

hello Dave,

First thing mate is I would get a soil test before you purchase the land, as this will determine a few things when comes time to build and the block may be full of rock or rubbish and building costs go through the roof when you hit rock. A soil test should cost around $500 and it is worth the peace of mind. You can get a soil test done before buying the land you just need to tell the land sales guy what you are planning on doing.

If you have a house design make sure it fits the block or is suitable for the block to not just fit but get the best energy effeciency.

You can measure the site yourself just to check that the size they are selling is the size you are getting.

Other than that you need to then start price dealing with the seller and then organise the bank.
    Hopefully this has been of some help??

Luke

Elijah Homes
    [email protected]

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.