All Topics / Help Needed! / Inner City melb suburbs with potential for growth?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of avranjesavranjes
    Participant
    @avranjes

Hello,

I am a Perth boy all my life. Have a couple of properties in Perth. I am moving to Melbourne for work soon. I want to buy a property with these requirements;

Close to the city
    On the train line or close to with good public transport to collin st in the city for work everyday, would prefer not to have to travel for more than 20-25mins each way each day.
    a property with reasonable land content, ie potentially a Victorian terrace property…
    at least a 2×1. 2×1 is ok but 3×1 would be better :)
    spend around $450k-480k

I have been to melb for work a few times, love the place. I am looking forward to moving over and to hear what people have to say. I am thinking of collingwood, but i 100% open to suggestions.

Where would forum goers buy with this set of criteria???

Love to hear from you all

Thanks

East bound Andrew……

Profile photo of propertypowerpropertypower
    @propertypower

Hi avranjes,
    I have to admit I have not done a lot of research myself but I feel the houses at Commonwealth Games Village in Parkville should be a good buy. The village is only 3-4 kms from CBD and is well connected by public transport.
    All the best and welcome to Melbourne – the best city in the world!
    Regards
    Sanjiv

“There is no passion to be found playing small – in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living.” – Nelson Mandela

Profile photo of Alistair PerryAlistair Perry
    Participant
    @aperry

Hi Andrew,

To get exactly what you want yopu would probably have to look out West as you would struggle to find houses in the south and east, with land content, that close to the city in the price range given.

If you consider going a little further out, Cheltenham is worth considering. It has express trains both ways and so travel time would not be too far out of the range you’ve given.

Regards
    Alistair

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.