All Topics / Value Adding / Tile paint

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Profile photo of IPSpiritIPSpirit
    @ipspirit

Hi guys,

We did a very simple reno on our property back in September to make our old 3×1 more appealing to prospective tenants. This involved painting mostly, to subdue the ‘psychadelic’ atmosphere. A mate had told me that he used tile paint to spruce up the bathroom before selling his property and swore by it. As we only had a limited budget I went for this option too. I used steel wool to clean the shower first with sugar soap, rinsed with water, painted on the primer and then used tile paint from Bunnings. It came up a treat and I was stoked that we had saved money by not re-tiling.

6 weeks later, during the initial inspection I was informed that the tiles had rusted wool shavings coming through and that the paint was starting to soften and lift off where the water collected [blink]
    Although this doesn’t seem to be a major cause for concern for the tenant, I would like to know if anyone can give me some tips to make the job more professional next time, without us having to replace the tiles because they are in good nick? Is this a common problem with tile paint? I’m thinking that my mate who suggested it may have had the same outcome but not known about it since he sold his place. This was the first reno that we have ever done.

Thanks for sharing your experience in this area.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.