All Topics / Help Needed! / North Facing Property

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 5 posts - 21 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Profile photo of ShOw_Me_ThE_MoNeYShOw_Me_ThE_MoNeY
    @show_me_the_money

Yup thanks Julie!!! now i am with you. Mirror image the plans on a east facing block. thats making complete sense to me.
    Thanks a lot again. It took me a while…. but now its sinking in my head!!

cheers

Profile photo of ctaingctaing
    Participant
    @ctaing

ShOw_Me_ThE_MoNeY, not sure if you have sorted out your dilemma on the issue of aspect of a property yet.

I’d recommend a good reference book – Warm House Cool House by Nick Hollo (Choice Books) is available at most good libraries. It’s a basic guide to Australian designs for low energy housing for comfort year round. It contains clever designs and plans to accommodate for extreme climate state by state.

Good luck.

CT

Profile photo of ShOw_Me_ThE_MoNeYShOw_Me_ThE_MoNeY
    @show_me_the_money

Thanks CT, i’ll try to get my hands on this book…

Profile photo of Manpreet SinghManpreet Singh
    @manpreet-singh

Hi Julie,

Thrilled by your knowledge. If you don't mind, I need your ideas for making my design work. Please let me know if you can help. Thanks.

Profile photo of vikki readevikki reade
    @vikki-reade

HI Julie,

Your comments here are so informative, thank you for taking the time to write them.

We just purchased a house and land package in Ipswich QLD.

The front of the house itself faces North , the living areas/ kitchen are on the South east side and all the bedrooms are on the west side.

In hot climates such as this is this the best aspect? Or not? I had a choice of a few different aspects. Not sure I have chosen the best one here.

Please advise what you think the issues might be.

Thanks so much

Vikki

Viewing 5 posts - 21 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.