All Topics / Value Adding / Suppliers in Brisbane

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Profile photo of KuadeKuade
    @kuade

We think we’ve found our first potential renovator and I’m working out costs to improve it before I work out how much to offer so have a few questions… well quite a few actually:

Does anyone know of any good sources in QLD to get reno items cheaply, ie a wholesaler who sells to general public. I’m after paint, bathroom and kitchen hardware ie (flat packs, bench tops, vanity, bath, toilet, etc), and lighting.

If a house doesn’t have any bedroom cupboards, should I put some in each room or leave it for the tennants as is?

Also, I’m after someone to polish some floors, can anyone suggest someone in the Brisbane area. I’m also trying to estimate the cost on a per m2 basis. If anyone has had it done and could let me know what they paid it would help with my estimates.

One more….I’m also after a good fencer and an idea of what fencing costs per metre.

Thanks for your help.

Profile photo of AmandaBSAmandaBS
    Participant
    @amandabs

For flat pack kitchens try Tom Armstrong

http://www.propertydivas.com.au/7ProfServ/Professionals.aspx?cmaid=1a5abfe8-7d2e-4172-affd-1247759d1b4c&cmstat=Basic

Its also worth having a look at http://www.xsstock.com.au or the auctions which advertise in Saturdays Courier Mail

AmandaBS
    http://www.propertydivas.com.au
    FREE online Property Resources

“It is better to be inconspicuously wealthy, than to be ostentatiously poor…”

Profile photo of MillyMilly
    @milly

try Builders Discount WarehouseU 3/ 19 Hinkler Crt Brendale 4500
    ph (07) 3889 9827

They have top quality bathroom and kitchens for reasonable prices.

But if you are really after bargains you cant go past the auctions.

goodluck

Profile photo of MillyMilly
    @milly

oh i forgot . I know this great place at caboolture for paint , well it’s a hardware too with great prices.. They import a heap of american paint so it was interesting to discover what a gallon of paint looks like. Anyways they have great prices. I know how to get there just not sure of the name of the business or the name of the street but it is up past the showground. If caboolture suits you let me know and ill delve a little deeper.

Profile photo of propertypowerpropertypower
    @propertypower

try http://www.xsstock.com.au

“There is no passion to be found playing small – in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living.” – Nelson Mandela

Profile photo of KuadeKuade
    @kuade

Thanks for the suggestions guys.

Profile photo of leahwatleahwat
    @leahwat

Hi Kuade,

We found Cam Brown auctions (advert in paper every sat) really good for toilets, kitchens ,vanities etc.

for floors I used an older guy who has been doing it for years and he does the job himself and doesnt just send in a few young guns to do it.I can get his number ,from my wonderful filing system in just a few short years,no ! just jokin.

Apparently there are alot of cowboys around , in the floor sanding industry, would that be fair to say??

My girlfriend got a couple of young blokes out of the paper and they totally botched it up , there were bubbles all through it.She lodged a complaint with the BSA but nothing happened ,and has now sold..

I think its about $25 sqm
    hope this helps
    regards LW

@kuade

Thanks LW. I might estimate $30 per m2 into the budget.

@kuade

LW – If you could track down the number for your floor polisher it would be much appreciated.

I’m also trying to find a good painter to paint the outside of the house. The paint is in poor condition and needs to be stripped and redone, though i’d prefer to get someone else to do that than try it myself as a newbie.

I’m also keen to find any good fencer’s who would do a cost effective picket fence, a good electrician and a good plumber. And maybe even someone to install the kitchen (I think i’d be able to do it, but my wife isn’t so sure) We’re looking at flat pack kitchens as an option and they don’t look so hard.(i’ve built ikea furniture before from half baked photocopied instructions, so its probably not a bad introduction :) )

It’s our first reno so we’re well and truly green, but also don’t have huge wads of cash to throw at it.

Any extra advice would be great.

Profile photo of leahwatleahwat
    @leahwat

Kaude,

If you can put together Ikea furniture you can do anything.

Floor polisher Don Crawford Queensland Classic Flooring 3219 2477

I will talk to hubby about the rest and send you a personal message.

Be careful with fencing contractor too.our 1st house we paid some huge mob a fortune and they subbied out the work.It fell down within 2 years.
    Regards LW

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.