All Topics / Help Needed! / Opions needed

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of JpcashflowJpcashflow
    Participant
    @jpcashflow

Hi guys,

My name is Johann I am 22 years old from Melbourne. I bought my first property last year and I have been doing well with it as well.
    It’s currently being rented out.

I have a bit of a dilemma I am looking to purchase a property within the next two years this next step would be a house where I would eventually move into in the long term. I want to keep my other property as security or equity and since I bought it a really good price I would like to maximize my profits.

Problem is I will most likely move overseas within the next 5 years. Would it be better to invest in a property overseas and get a head start in a particular country?
    But in life we know that things may change “eg” might get married and partner might want to leave or a career change that may restrict me to moving overseas.

I am a bit worried that if I don’t move overseas a) I might regret buying the property if I do or B) not purchase another property in Melbourne assuming im going to move to another country and prices increase to much?

Just need some sort of direction or feedback if you have had this problem.

Jpcashflow | JP Financial Group
    http://www.jpfinancialgroup.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Your first port of call in finance :)

Profile photo of L.A AussieL.A Aussie
    @l.a-aussie

I think if you keep second guessing yourself you will become frozen with in-action.

Many of those things you are thinking about are ‘what-ifs’, so don’t really have a relevance to your current situation.

We are living overseas at present and all our investments are back in Aus. This does not present a problem. So, if you are in a position to invest in Aus now, and it is a market you probably have a little knowledge of, then go ahead. You can have your properties managed wherever you are. You can always look at another investment when you get to your overseas destination as well.

Cheers,
    Marc.
    [email protected]

“we get sent lemons; it’s up to us to make lemonade”

Profile photo of PropertyLoserPropertyLoser
    @propertyloser

You plan on moving with in 5 years? That’s a pretty large margin.

Why don’t you just invest in your current location, and if you decide to move overseas, make the necessary decisions then? What’s the worse that can happen- you cash in your purchase (hopefully with a handsome profit) and move abroad?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.