Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of MillyMilly
    @milly

hi there folks

I want to put up a back deck at my home and also an investment house. Is it cheaper to get a draughsman to draw up a plan and employ a builder OR is it cheaper to get one of those companies that organise the whole kit and caboodle? I know the second option sounds the simplest but if it means 5 grand more to the price it wouldnt be worth it.

regards
    milly

Profile photo of JFisherJFisher
    @jfisher

Hi Milly
    I would suggest that measure out the rough size that you want to build your deck (is it roofed?). I would ring a draftsman and ask for a quote to prepare the drawings for you; some price by the area of drawing and others charge by the hour. Make sure you get it in writing and make sure you understand when extra charges may be invoiced to you. For example if you get a rough draft drawn up then this may be charged seperately, if you don’t like that draft and have another one you may incur the same cost again. I would also ring a builder; a nice one may come around and speak to you about what you want to do and give you an estimate (some builders may even organize the plans for you as well). You can also get a quote from the ‘spanline’ type contractors. Once you have a couple of prices in your hands you can see for yourself. Make sure they include permits.
    Regards Julie
    Daryl Fisher Homes

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.