All Topics / General Property / ATTN member ao

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of elkamelkam
    Join Date: 2006
    Post Count: 722

    Hello ao

    I suggest you cut and past your question onto a new thread. There is something wrong with the end of the current one. I answered you but as you will see it doesn’t show up.

    The info you posted seems dated. The link above is to the relevant section of the Vic SRO site which administers the FHOG, Vic bonus and stamp duty, which is a state tax.

    Hope this helps [smiling]

    Profile photo of aoao
    Join Date: 2006
    Post Count: 49

    Thanks for your great help.

    just one more quick question: is there anything i need to pay special attention to when buying interstate? for example, i was told i HAVE TO use a Victoria-based solicitor…is this true?

    thanks again

    Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Join Date: 2001
    Post Count: 16,213

    I don’t think that is necessarily always true. Laws and procedures differ from state to state, so a NSW solicitor may be unfamiliar with the happenings down there in VIC. (But no doubt some based NSW solicitors would have been admitted in VIC)

    Discover Home Loans
    [email protected]
    Send an email to get my newsletter.

    Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    Email Me

    Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.