All Topics / Help Needed! / Purchase of land with Exploration Permit 4 Mining?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of dyllosdyllos
    @dyllos

Hi there

I am about to purchase 11ha of land in Stanthorpe (2 hours southwest of Brisbane), Queensland, but have just found out last minute that the land has a permit granted for Exploration for minerals. Should I be re-considering?? What ways can my investment be affected? Is compensation usually fair if mining goes ahead some time in the future?

Any help/options/ideas/personal experience asap appreciated!

Thank you :)

Profile photo of crjcrj
    Participant
    @crj

How much land has the exploration permit been issued over?

When was the permit issued? Has any exploration been carried out?

What are the relevant laws about what can be done by the permit holder if you build etc or if they change to a mining permit?

You need answers to questions like these before you make up your mind either to proceed or not to proceed

Profile photo of dyllosdyllos
    @dyllos

The permit was issued in Jun 04, renewed in 06 and will expire in 2011. The permit covers 89 properties.

It doesn’t say if any exploration has happened, I doubt it because it was renewed in 06. This might not be public information.

Apparently people can have a premit granted over their land and not be told about it because it is a blanket area that the permit is given for. So, i don’t know if the current owner knows about the permit.

The accompanying documents only say that mining cannot take place within 100m to a building and any land mined has to be put back as it was afterwards. It says nothing about building new buildings (our property is vacant land) or improving the land by planting trees, etc.

Regards

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.