All Topics / Help Needed! / McGregor/Christies Beach

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of kum yin laukum yin lau
    @kum-yin-lau

Hi, I read your post & thought it’s better to start it as a new topic.

I went to Noarlunga & Seaford Rise on Wed for the 1st time & I’m pleasantly surprised.

Christies Beach offers good value. However, $280000 is above the median. Depends what you want to do with it. I’d been thinking of it when prices were around $180-225000. Didn’t follow up because I was looking elsewhere.

I’m retired & have nothing to do than bore everyone with my passion for property investment. I won’t be buying anything myself for the next 3-5 years. If you’re interested in running your finds by me, let me know.

Good luck,
    Kum Yin

Profile photo of dare_to_dreamdare_to_dream
    @dare_to_dream

Hi Kum Yin,

I lived in Port Noarlunga (borders Christies Beach) for 5 years and i’m currently living in Victoria for 12months. However, all the areas around Christies Beach (Hackham, Morphett Vale, Noarlunga, Old Noarlunga etc) around priced around 180-220K for a nice 3BR house.

My personal opinion is that if you can find the right place in the southern area then you will get steady growth with 5% gross return.

That my 2c worth….

Profile photo of JFisherJFisher
    @jfisher

Hi All
    I have been researching Adelaide suburbs for about 4 months now as an alternative to Mildura where I live. There was an auction, if anyone was interested, today or over the weekend for a very old house (large and could be modified) with future development potential – 800 sq mt in Clovelly st Christies beach it was offers over $175k but that was just the price on the listing. Between the beach and the shopping centre and only a couple of blocks from what looks like the main road to the beach (Beach Rd). Great spot. I think Christies Beach area will be where we buy our first IP, but at the moment we are getting some help from one of the forums’ finance wizz’s to get ourselves structured right before buying as it seems that is something that most people regret not knowing more about when they look back. So I have cooled my heels on getting involved in this property. Back to the house in Clovelly St, from looking at land and homes in the surrounding area I think that it is very close to land value so you could put a renter in the house while you get a planning permit to subdivide. I have been on the SA gov website to see the places earmarked for higher density housing and this area is included in these planning areas.

Cheers all
    Julie Fisher

Profile photo of JFisherJFisher
    @jfisher

Sorry Guys, I just found out the the auction for Clovelly Ave was this morning. Sold for $273k. [blush2]

Julie Fisher
    Daryl Fisher Homes

Profile photo of XeniaXenia
    @xenia

There are plenty more, the south of Adelaide offers some great investment potential.

Investment Property Management
    http://www.adprop.com.au

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.