All Topics / Value Adding / motivation

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of nicko7nicko7
    @nicko7

hi all

my partner and i are 26 and have just started investing bout 1 year ago the first house that we bought was of the mainstream thinking for capital gain down the track and a tax offset for the present .

we have now started to develope a +ve cashflow portfolio and are starting to move forward.

my partner some times gets down on what we are doing and starts doubting if we can really achieve what we are setting out for our selves.

has anyone been through a similar situation?

we have plenty of short and long term goals but only really have maybe 2 stratergies to achieving these goals.

i keep reminding her of what and why we are doing this and she gets on board but looses intrest after a short while if she doesn’t see some results.

thanks for any advise

Nick

Profile photo of brcbrc
    Participant
    @brc

Think about your extended family and friends. There is probably someone in that group who has made a bit of money from real estate. Maybe a long lost uncle, a friends’ parents, and old boss – someone.

Ring that person up and ask politely if you could come and see them and have a quick discussion about real estate investing. Unless their heart is made of cold stone they’ll generally accept. Take your partner around to their place and let the feeling of ‘we could have this’ sink in. Obviously it helps if they have a nice place.

I have a friend whose parents are very wealthy property investors. We are often invited around for dinner where real estate is always discussed in great depth. After a lovely dinner in a beautiful home with plenty of nice food and wine, I always return with renewed enthusiasm for breaking away from the crowd.

Even 20 minutes talking to someone who has ‘made it’ will give even the most slothful of procrastinators a burst of inspiration. Or it could even lead to that person offering some level of mentoring or current suggestions.

You just need to keep your eye on the goal, plus get some smaller, shorter term goals to tick off. Give yourselves a small reward for completing a goal, and work towards it.

Profile photo of nicko7nicko7
    @nicko7

thanks

good idea

we do know somebody who is in that exact situation which we havent seen for a while

we go and look at open inspections of top houses. where we want to live when we start to struggle, but we have been to busy of late

so we’ll just have to make time to see why we are doing it

thanks again

Profile photo of nicko7nicko7
    @nicko7

thanks

good idea

we do know somebody who is in that exact situation which we havent seen for a while

we go and look at open inspections of top houses. where we want to live when we start to struggle, but we have been to busy of late

so we’ll just have to make time to see why we are doing it

thanks again

Profile photo of wwsurveywwsurvey
    @wwsurvey

Hi Nick,

I agree with brc you need to find someone who is doing it and having some success. This forum is an excellent place to get movitated from and correspond with people who are more than willing to offer advice.

Confidence comes from within and can be taught, my two cents worth would be to start reading some motivational books on self affirmation and do not listen to people who think your mad. (start with “think & grow rich” Napoleon Hill)

cheers [rambo2]

Peter Williams
    http://www.landsurveyor.net.au

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.