All Topics / Help Needed! / Reducing loan payments ?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of BezBez
    Participant
    @bez

Hi guys, I was just wonder how you go about reducing your loan repayments as you pay the loan off…

Like say you borrow $100,000 over 30 years and pay $180 a week, are you stuck paying that $180 a week for the 30 years ?
    Or say when you get the loan down to $80,000 can you drop the repayments down to $150 or so ? (just an example)

Im looking at a property that is not quite CF+ive, would it be able to turn CF+ive after about 12months given you have payed enough off the loan ?

I hope im making sence lol

Thanks guys..

Profile photo of vyaw2003vyaw2003
    Participant
    @vyaw2003

yes, i want to know the answer to this question too.
    if i buy say a $100k house pay $30k deposit.
    then that makes a 70k loan that is then running at +ve CF is that all ok for me to not pay anymore let the rent take care of it, and forget about this and start saving for my next deposit to do this again.

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Yes certainly with most lenders you are able to renegotiate the term or the payments.

Switch from P & I to Int only or even have a payment holiday.

Depending on with whom the loan is with will determine whether there is a charge for doing so.

Cheers

Richard Taylor
    Residential & Commercial Finance Broker.
    Licensed Financial Planner. Ph: 07 3720 1888
    [email protected]
    Looking for life cover – We Guarantee to beat any quote you have in writing.

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.