All Topics / Help Needed! / R.A using old photos

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of blogsblogs
    Participant
    @blogs

Whats the deal with realestate agents using old photos in their adds? Is this illegal? Just looked at a property on the weekend only to see the photos in the add ver vastly different to the state that the appartment is now in-surely this cant be right? The photos would easily be over a year old, probably at least 2 years!!!

Profile photo of nikikbnikikb
    @nikikb

Hey there,
    That’s why it so important that you check it out yourself! I have been disapointed before with similar circumstances, truth be told, i don’t trust realestate agents anyway. These photos lure interstate investors. Hopefully you have someone you trust go and see it , maybe take photo before you outlay the expenses to fly there. Keep looking though,everything happens for a reason. Good luck

Profile photo of blogsblogs
    Participant
    @blogs

Thanks for the reply-it just struck me as false advertising. I would compare it to me putting an ad for my car in the paper/net with 2 year old photos when it was all shiny and new and getting a lot of people to come look to see it is now dull, scratched and dinged up. IMHO this should be illegal, and at he least highly un ethical…?

Profile photo of L.A AussieL.A Aussie
    @l.a-aussie

didn’t you know… ‘unethical’ is an aboriginal word meaning ‘real estate agent’.

Cheers,
    Marc.
    [email protected]

“we get sent lemons; it’s up to us to make lemonade”

Profile photo of blogsblogs
    Participant
    @blogs

lol so true, them and used car salesman[biggrin] I will never get ovet the time as a young fella I was looking to buy a used Ford Falcon that when started up was only running on about 4 of its 6 cylinders-the salesmans reply was a classic ‘yeah thats normal, these new cars have built in technology that shuts down cylinders when at low revs to save fuel’ witha completley straight face!!![blink] I kid you not [hmm]

Profile photo of ducksterduckster
    Participant
    @duckster

This may help you with your question
    http://www.accc.gov.au/content/index.phtml/itemId/740212/fromItemId/3871
    and where to complain to if needed.

Comments are of a general nature and may not be relevant to your individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Profile photo of TurtleTurtle
    @turtle

Hi guys…

i understand the hatred of agents in general, but they’re not all like that. I am an agent in Brisbane and find conduct like this reprehensible…it annoys me on daily basis with some of the behaviour that i see other agents engaging in but that doesn’t mean that I or my colleagues at our agency behave like that.

Outside of misrepresenting the property by posting old photos, it just goes to show how unprofessional and straight out lazy that particular agent is. its similar to the agents who use rpdata photos or similar on their listings on realestate.com etc – sheer laziness!!!!![grrr]

So yes, i would lodge a complaint about the agent to the Real Estate Institute in that State and the Office of Fair Trading or similar State body.

But again folks, please don’t pidgeon hole all agents just because there are some dodgy ones out their…we’re not all bad!!!! [thumbsupanim] and some of us actually revel in doing our jobs to the best of our ability!!!!! at least it means we can lie straight in bed at night!!

cheers[biggrin]

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.