All Topics / General Property / Inland Marina in SA…anyone know where?

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of ArtaudArtaud
    Participant
    @artaud

Hi there,

I read somewhere that an Inland Marina is being/has been built in SA but I can’t for the life of me remember where. Apparently it’s something of a first.

a) Can anyone jog my memory on the location?
    b) Can anyone point me to any SA Gov sites featuring the plans? I’ve been Googling myself silly and can’t find a word.

Cheers in advance,
    Art

‘Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.’ – Albert Einstein

Profile photo of dare_to_dreamdare_to_dream
    @dare_to_dream

Hi Art,

I’m sorry to bust your bubble but their is no inland marina in South Australia. Their is a new marina being completed in Port Lincoln, but most of those properties have already been sold, their is a new marina/subdivision someone in Port Adelaide that has been advertised for a while.

Just before Christmas their was an article in the Advertiser about a proposed inland Marina on the Yorke Peninsula somewhere around Corney Point but that was just a proposal/thought and I don’t think that would go ahead any time in the next 15 years.

The only inland Marina (as in on a river) in Australia that I am aware is the one here in Mildura on the Murray River. Which is nearing completion of the construction stage and soon residential and commercial properties will begin being built. Only 15 allotments have been put up for sale so far and they went within a day. (I know because the engineering company I work for did the design of the civil works.)

Hope this helps a bit.

Cheers
    Paul

Profile photo of dare_to_dreamdare_to_dream
    @dare_to_dream

Hi again,

I forgot to mention Wallaroo on the Yorke Peninsula – I am 95% sure their is a new marina being built their as well. I know that vacant blocks (~600sqm) one or two streets back from the waterfront were selling for around $65,000.

Cheers
    Paul[suave2]

Profile photo of p_hewsonp_hewson
    @p_hewson

I think the marina development you are refering to is Newport Quays in Port Adelaide. I guess it would be regarded as inland as you have to access it via the Port River. They have a website where you can check out the plan.

I know there is also one being built at Port Wakefield but that is right on the sea.

Hope that helps.

P_Hewson

Profile photo of ArtaudArtaud
    Participant
    @artaud

Hello,

Thanks for the info you two. I’ll have a poke around the ‘Net tonight.

I’m interested in SA as a possible target for our next investment and I’m trying to follow a couple lifestyle/infrastructure leads. If either of you are from SA and are interested in chatting about the place please feel free to PM me. I’ve driven across the state a couple times and got lost on the peninsula trying to find a particular surf pot but aside from that my knowledge of the State is limited.

Cheers,
    Art

‘Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.’ – Albert Einstein

Profile photo of kum yin laukum yin lau
    @kum-yin-lau

Hi, the one in Wallaroo is already operational. Copper Cove was up & running when I was there 2 years ago.

Here in Adelaide, there’s a marina at Glenelg attached to the Holdfast Bay devt., one at North Haven and I think the Westlakes marina also qualifies.

My property manager used to moor his yacht at Port River, Port Adelaide and he told me about the redevelopment of the sailing club in 2004.

Work began on the new marina in the Swinging Basin, Port River last Sept. I took pictures of it as the work progressed because I bought a block nearby. Right opposite the new marina is Mariner’s Way, a devt. by McGarth RE. It used to be a primary school. When I looked around the area in late 2004, it was only an empty block.

Newport Quays & later projects is about 3km away, towards Port Adelaide. There’s also the Salisbury Highway to be built near where the bridge opens up, I was told.

There’s an old house on Victoria for sale last week for $230 – $240000. Looks very ordinary from the outside.

Enough of long stories.
    Cheers,
    Kum Yin

Profile photo of JFisherJFisher
    @jfisher

Hi, you are right! There is an inland Marina proposed for Mannum in SA with provisions for 200 houseboat mooring sites and smaller recreational craft, 550 residential allotments (200 with water frontage). If you go to http://www.planning.sa.gov.au you can follow the major development links where you will find more info.
    Julie

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.