All Topics / Finance / Company Finance

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of mortymorty
    @morty

Hi Guys!
    I’m in a bit of a quandry? and i’m wondering if any of you guys could please shed some light on the matter.

I’ve recently started a company to buy and sell property with. There are 2 directors to the company, myself and my partner. I’m self employed with 2 investment loans totalling $220,000. My partner has a PAYG income of $95,000 per annum, with one loan of 250,000.
    Our abn is brand new so alot of lenders are steering clear but wouldn’t it be possible to buy property (and secure a high LVR mortgage) through the company with myself and my partner as guarantors to the loan?

The house we’re buying is only $220,000.

Any advice would be gold! I’m a bit lost!

Cheers
    Morty[weird]

Profile photo of elkamelkam
    @elkam

Hello Morty

Can I ask you why you have decided to use a company structure to buy and sell property? I assume that you’re aware that there is no CGT discount for companies.

Of cause if your intention is to buy and sell properties as a business then the profits are seen as income and not CG so that may be OK but if it’s for investment then I always believed that a company was not the way to go.

For investment purposes a trust is what most people recommend for both asset protection and flexibility of income/CG distribution.

Not advise, just an opinion. [smiling]

Elka

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Hi Johnny

I have sent you a reply email which i hope you have received.
    Come back to me and we can get things moving.

Cheers

Richard Taylor
    Residential & Commercial Finance Broker.
    Licensed Financial Planner. Ph: 07 3720 1888
    [email protected]
    Looking for life cover – We Guarantee to beat any quote you have in writing.

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of mortymorty
    @morty

Thanks for your reply Elka,

As i’m a builder the properties will be traded and not held long term.
    I have a trust set up for properties that i hold.

Cheers
    Morty

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

Hi Morty

I don’t think you should have a problem. As long as you and your partner could service the loan, you should be able to get the loan for a company.

And I think having a trust is still a good idea – asset protection and will help in income distributions. But have a different trust to your buy and hold.

Terryw
    Discover Home Loans
    [email protected]
    Send an email to get my newsletter.

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.