All Topics / Help Needed! / First Home Owners Grant

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of investhutinvesthut
    @investhut

Hi All,

I thought I had this cleared till i saw this
    ==================
    I have owned an investment home previously. Can I still be eligible for the grant?
    A person is not eligible if they or their spouse (including de facto spouse) has had a relevant interest in any residential property in Australia prior to 1 July 2000, whether they live in it or not.

However, a person may be eligible if they or their spouse (including de facto spouse) has only ever had a relevant interest in any residential property in Australia on or after 1 July 2000 and they have not resided in that property for a continuous period of at least six months.
    ====================================

I am single and not owned any property in Australia ever. If I buy an unit/house as an investment property in NSW and not live in it. 2-4 years later will I be eligible for First Home Owners Grant of $7000 and Stamp Duty Free Under 500 k in NSW.

Thankyou

InvestHut

Profile photo of BezBez
    Participant
    @bez

I went to the bank last week and we talked about this…
    You are correct, You can still get your FHOG aslong as you havent lived in any of your investment propertys…

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.