All Topics / Overseas Deals / Texas opportunities

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of arvid10725arvid10725
    Participant
    @arvid10725

Hi all, as anyone actually invested in the Texas US market this last 12 months ? How did it all turn out and what kind of property did you purchase?
    Arvid

ArVee

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Arvee

Why not send Chad Simmons a PM or an email as he is a regular contributor to the forum and very active in the Texas market.

I know many of my clients who i have referred to him have been extremely happy with their Texas acquisitions.

Cheers

Richard Taylor
    Residential & Commercial Finance Broker.
    Licensed Financial Planner. Ph: 07 3720 1888
    [email protected]
    Looking for life cover – We Guarantee to beat any quote you have in writing.

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of Luke TaylorLuke Taylor
    Participant
    @world-changer

Hey Arvid,
    I have done a bit of work in texas in the last 12 months.
    It is agreat market to look at

.I would recommend you go over though so u understand more what yr getting into and the people you want to deal with.

Finding people with honesty and that follow through with their word can take time to find.

Their are good and bad places to buy in of course also as with any area.

Chad S has a guy coming over in the next couple of months who is doing alot of deals in some good areas Im told so it may be worth it to go to the info night.Just be careful not to rush into anything before you do lots of research in the usa and know yr areas etc.

“Don’t let yr character be impacted by yr surroundings, instead make yr character impact yr surroundings”
    – Rachel Scott(17 yr old killed in columbine shooting 1999)http://rachelschallenge.com/

Luke Taylor | Hope Property Investing
    http://hopepropertyinvesting.com
    Email Me

Property Support,Strategist and Buyers Agent

Profile photo of csimonscsimons
    Participant
    @csimons

Hey Arvid,

World changer offered some good advice.
    May I also add there are risks involved and you can get burnt if you are not careful.

Also are you a property investor already in Australia. For what it is worth I don’t think new investors should consider investing abroad.

I think you need to have had some hands on experience in your own back yard first.

I say this because investing isn’t as easy as what people make it out to be and I think people investing in the u.s who are already investors go into it with a more realistic approach and understand the risks better.

We also talk about the “numbers” a lot in the investing world. You know how it goes “its all about the numbers”. This is true however when we are dealing in the U.S market, it’s really important to ensure that the numbers are realistic. The only way you will know if you are getting a good deal is to either educate yourself or develop a relationship with people there that you can trust.

To give you an example, one of my Aussie investors saw a house for sale on realtor.com and he thought it was a good deal. It needed rehab work and which ever agent he was dealing with said it would cost X amount of dollars to rehab the home. I say X because I cant remember the full story. Anyway so this investor then rings my business partner Brian in San Antonio and asks him if he can go into it with him and if he can use his rehab crew to renovate the house.
    So then Brian checks it out for him and the true cost of the rehab was going to be a lot more than what the agent predicted.
    Therefore the numbers he thought were good really wasn’t.

Something else to consider is to ask yourself:

What is it that you actually want to achieve? Is it cash flow, is it generating quick profits etc etc. This will direct you to a specific type of strategy if you do decide to invest.

Don’t by anything without comps and relevant paperwork on the property. Make sure there are no tax liens on the property also otherwise you will find yourself in a very unpleasant position. Properties which are advertised as rented out get the rent rolls as well.

There are great returns to be made providing you do it correctly.
    However it does take effort and for anyone who thinks it’s a buy and forget experience, think again. This is not for you if you are not prepared to take control of your investments.

If you are however, you will reap the rewards.
    One other thing as well, the really good deals will be gone before a real estate agent gets there hands on it.

Very rarely will you get genuine wholesale deals through an agent. I am not suggesting that you can’t; I am just saying that % wise there wouldn’t be many.

By the time you buy from an agent you would probably be looking at retail prices and this is definitely not necessary in the U.S.

Regards

Chad

Providing Turnkey Real Estate Investments In The USA.
    We also provide Owner Finance in a new emerging market.

E-mail:[email protected]
    web: http://www.gr8realestateinvestments.com

ON SKYPE AT: chaddylansimons

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.