All Topics / General Property / First Home Buyers Grant in WA

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of Paul22MPaul22M
    @paul22m

Hi all I just wanted ur opinions on the WA State governments decision not to provide immediate stamp duty cuts for first home buyers in WA. Instead it looks as if the grant wont be changed until May .. not for another few months yet, in my opinion this decision does not benifit anyone.. 1) first home buyers that are ready to buy a house now will have to hold off until the state government puts through the stamp duty cuts 2) Home owners that have the house on the market at the moment will have lost first homebuyers as potential buyers.. I mean who is going to buy their first home say tomorrow, then find out in 3-4 months time they could have saved 20 grand??? Just wanted some opinions as i havnt seen a topic on the issue yet (if there is already sorry i missed it!)

Profile photo of Tracy LeeTracy Lee
    @tracy-lee

Your right Paul they would be stupid to buy now, the other problem I can see for investors is that the grant is only for homes under $450. thou so if your just over the mark you will either have to bring your price down or risk not selling.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.