All Topics / Help Needed! / Site painfully slow?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Profile photo of ArtaudArtaud
    Participant
    @artaud

Hi all,

Although I’m on a fast connection I’ve always found this site to be painfully slow, especially when trying to post.

Before I go to the administrators with a suggestion of tweaking the server I just wanted to canvas the community to see if anyone else has the same problems or if it’s just me.

BTW, feel free, administrators, to move this post if you feel it’s in the wrong place.

Cheers,
    Art

‘Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.’ – Albert Einstein

Profile photo of WylieWylie
    @wylie

I find it a bit slow at times, and sometimes I just give up when a page just will not load at all. We have cable broadband.

I have assumed when a page won’t load (even though it is telling me it is loading) that there is some problem with the site.

Wylie

Profile photo of celesteceleste
    Participant
    @celeste
    Originally posted by Wylie:

I find it a bit slow at times, and sometimes I just give up when a page just will not load at all. We have cable broadband.

I have assumed when a page won’t load (even though it is telling me it is loading) that there is some problem with the site.

Wylie

DITTO

Celeste[blink]

Profile photo of propertypowerpropertypower
    @propertypower

I concur and I have a ADSL connection.

“There is no passion to be found playing small – in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living.” – Nelson Mandela

Profile photo of ArtaudArtaud
    Participant
    @artaud

Thanks for the replies. It’s good to know I’m not alone. I’ll forward the link to this thread to the administrators and see if there’s anything that can be done.

I don’t know if it’s because today is Australia Day and maybe the server is having a beer with some mates but boy, is it bad today. I timed how long it took to get this thread up from the ‘Help Needed’ thread list and it was over 2 minutes!

Art

‘Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.’ – Albert Einstein

Profile photo of Jenny1Jenny1
    @jenny1

No Artaud it is mostly like this painfully slow..I also give up as takes too long to posst etc[confused2]

Jenny1

Profile photo of v8ghiav8ghia
    @v8ghia

And…….Yes, I have often found this too. With ADSL, and other sites going well, this one hanging or being slow, especially with posting. I am guessing this is why we often see posts the same two or more times, as others also have problems with this. [suave]

Profile photo of Asian spiritAsian spirit
    Participant
    @asian-spirit

Hi guys
    “Happy Australia day”
    I always thought it was my computer, so i jumped up to broadband just to find it the same. [glum]

Profile photo of marg4000marg4000
    @marg4000

I find this site a bit on the slow side, and I am on broadband.

I have found that when I want to read a topic I right click and open it in a new window. When I have finished I simply close the window and the original list is still there. I have found this saves quite a bit of time rather than going forwards and backwards.
    Marg

Profile photo of XeniaXenia
    @xenia

Yes, I agree compared to other forums like somersoft which I believe have even more traffic than this site, this is definately painfully slow.

Any reason why??????

Also, it would be helpful to get a QUICK preview of what the post is about by running a cursor over it instead of having to click on it and waiting 10 years for it to load up.

Investment Property Management
    http://www.adprop.com.au

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.