All Topics / Help Needed! / Concrete paths

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Profile photo of Jenny1Jenny1
    @jenny1

[size=2]I have just purchased an unpolished diamond or a doer upper.
    Along with the usual reno that the place will require the path is broken in some areas from the tree roots.

Would you:-

– Rip up the path to get rid of roots and then re concrete
    – Patch up

Cheers[/size=2]

Jenny1

Profile photo of propertypowerpropertypower
    @propertypower

Hi Jenny,
    I think the answer depends on the extent of damage and the type of tree/s causing it. Are the trees still growing or fully matured?
    It might be worth getting few tradesmen to come and give their opinion and quotes.
    Regards
    Sanjiv

“There is no passion to be found playing small – in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living.” – Nelson Mandela

Profile photo of kjs_2kjs_2
    @kjs_2

A path with tree roots gives such a bad first impression doesn’t it?

I wondered if putting down road base/crushed rock/small pebbles might be an alternative? It depends on the situation, and will the new concrete have old concrete near it and look obviously new?

Will the trees be damaged by mucking around with the roots, and are the roots heading for the house to play with it too? They might be worth removing?

I am interested to see other opinions?

kjs

Profile photo of demkeldemkel
    Participant
    @demkel

I agree with you kjs on all counts.

Participant
    @demkel

Pavers on the road base may be an option. If any further movement takes place the can always be laid again.

Participant
    @demkel

Pavers on the road base may be an option. If any further movement takes place the can always be laid again.

Participant
    @demkel

Profile photo of Jenny1Jenny1
    @jenny1

Thank you for the info the place is an ex govie and has drive strips that are raised on both sides.

Will lift up the drive to the fence and relay something?..good thinking re roots headed towards the house..must check this out too[crying]

Jenny1

Profile photo of kjs_2kjs_2
    @kjs_2

Yeah, they are a bad look those strips and will really be obvious. Good luck, and although you will be cursing doing it, or paying for it, that first impression is a deal maker or breaker. Good luck with the tree roots. It may just be movement in the ground.

kjs

Profile photo of Jenny1Jenny1
    @jenny1

Thank you kjs looking forward to the challeges ahead[rolleyesanim]

Jenny1

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.